Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
A very unpleasant job,best done when NOT expecting the preacher or friends with young children! :oops:
I am AI'ing goats this year...2 so far...both took!YEH! and jersey in Dec. Really easier on cows than goats.And a lot easier than convincing that cow to get in that trailer.Have semen on a very nice jersey bull....hopeing for nice heifer calf.
magie

· Registered
2 Posts
I learned AI from dairies.I used to be DHIA tester and they just AI while the cow is in for milking.
Learned goat AI from friend.I have never taken a course,but tried twice to get in to AI class given by Langston...classes full!! both times.
It's been 10 yrs. since I did any AI but kinda' like riding bike...you make a few bobbles and go right back in stride.Guess I didn't do to bad...two breedings so far...both settled. ;)
My tank is a Artic 22x,4 mo. holding time,1,000 straw cap. and cost $463 including shipping from: www.superiorsemenworks.com I like it because I can carry it without help and it's all the cap. I will need for a long time.Only have 1 breed goats and not too keen on sharing tank.
Union creek...if you can take the course for $5.00 JUMP ON IT!If you never do AI at least it's inexpensive knowledge!
magie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.