What I'm reading...

Discussion in 'Book Reviews' started by Irish Pixie, Jun 18, 2016.

1. IMFoghorn

IMFoghorn Well-Known Member

I just finished PACHINKO BY Min Jin Lee. Well worth the read.

I like reading historical fiction. You can learn so much about different people, different times.

Irish Pixie and kinnb like this.
  2. Irish Pixie

Irish Pixie Well-Known Member

I just started "Doing Time", and it's as enjoyable as the "Chronicles of St. Mary's". Speaking of which, there's a new St. Mary's out on April 16!

3. Irish Pixie

Irish Pixie Well-Known Member

I found two more books from Jodi Taylor that our youngest and I enjoyed so much that I sent a hard copy of the first book to our oldest. The Nothing Girl and The Something Girl.

I read the newest Patricia Briggs novel, Smoke Bitten, and it was just meh. I love Mercy Thompson's world, but this book just went through the motions.

I did enjoy Darynda Jones' new series that starts with "A Bad Day for Sunshine". And Charlaine Harris' second book in the Gunnie Rose series, "A Longer Fall" was good.

I'm reading John Grisham's second book in the Camino Island series now, "Camino Winds". It's off to a good start.

Next up is the prequel to The Hunger Games, "The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes". It comes out May 19th. I'm looking forward to it.

What have you read that you really enjoyed?

IMFoghorn and kinnb like this.
  4. Hunter1981

Hunter1981 Member

Irish Pixie, kinnb and IMFoghorn like this.