What I'm reading...

Discussion in 'Book Reviews' started by Irish Pixie, Jun 18, 2016.

1. keenataz

keenataz Well-Known Member

Actually that is on my reading list on Kindle.

I just finsished The Bishop's Pawn by Steve Berry. If you have read his Cotton Malone books, you will know what you will get. Except this is his first adventure. Spoiler Alert-he survives. Finished in 2 days so must have been good.

2. Irish Pixie

Irish Pixie Well-Known Member

Mystic River is pretty good so far, it kept me on the treadmill longer than usual because I wasn't watching the clock, and that's saying something. :D

I shall put The Bishop's Pawn in my Audible wish list, or should I start with the Cotton Malone books?

3. keenataz

keenataz Well-Known Member

Well it is kind of odd. Because it is the 12 or 13 book. But since it is his firs case you could start with it. There are lines like "well it was the first of many mistakes I was to make in my career"where it kind of refers to th eother books. But I would say it can be done first.

The Templar Legacy is the actual first book in the series. And like most series the first 3-4 are the best.

Irish Pixie likes this.
  4. IMFoghorn

IMFoghorn Well-Known Member

Just finished The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North

5. Irish Pixie

Charles Frazier released a new novel yesterday! He isn't prolific, but I love his novels. This one is set during the Civil War, the title is "Varina". I'll start it as soon as I finish this young adult urban fantasy, "City of Bones: The Mortal Instruments" it's not bad, and I'll probably continue the series.

6. DianeWV

DianeWV Well-Known Member

I really enjoy Sarah Addison Allen's books. I just finished her book "The Sugar Queen"-actually listened to the audiobook while mucking out our cattle barns. I think you would really like it. I'm going to see if our library has "The Peach Keeper". Take care.

Irish Pixie likes this.
  7. Irish Pixie

Thank you. I have spare credits to use too.