What if

Discussion in 'Goats' started by joken, Sep 20, 2006.

  1. joken

    joken Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    103
    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    I treat my animals water troughs with a little bleach from time to time. My boys have the runs and I wonder if too much bleach could foul up their digestive process. The girls are all OK and they have a different water source. I wormed them and gave them a dose of vitamins and am hoping it will clear up. Thanks, Ken
     
  2. KSALguy

    KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

    Messages:
    8,818
    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2006
    Location:
    S.E.Alabama
    a little bleach goes a long way, but yes you can treat the water with bleach just dont use very much
     

  3. lscheopner

    lscheopner lscheopner

    Messages:
    285
    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2006
    Location:
    CO
    Too much bleach will give them the runs. We use a capful to about 15 or more gallons.
     
  4. fishhead

    fishhead Well-Known Member Supporter

    Messages:
    15,241
    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2006
    Location:
    northcentral MN
    copper sulfate will kill algae but will also negatively react with metals. If your tank is plastic it will be copper proof.
     
  5. joken

    joken Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    103
    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    Fishhead, I have plastic tanks. How do I treat with copper sulfate? Thanks, Ken