Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed what I eat.

Especially in Texas, vegetarianism is looked at as something that just might need to be reported to the authorities.

So I started eating meat again. No, not all meat...just chicken and turkey.

Well, I am starting to have the same complaints that I had before I started eating vegetarian. My energy level is low and my joints are starting to ache. Just overall feel kind of blah. I feel OLD (gasp!).

In the last year I have lost 50 pounds. I get a lot of people that say....Wow! I bet you feel a lot better! Well, no I don't. I actually felt better when I was 50 pounds heavier and I had way more energy. I'm pretty sure it was the diet.

Now please don't assume that I'm advocating a vegetarian diet for YOU. I am not. Please also do not assume that I eat this way because I don't wish to harm Fluffy or any of his equally adorable friends. Not at all the case and I have frequently helped non-vegetarian friends with home butchering. My body just doesn't do as well when I eat meat. Just one of those things.

So, I believe I have taken a huge step in my single independence today....while likely eliminating a huge chunk of the very shallow dating pool available....and I declare that I am going to eat what I want to. So there! :nana:

I almost considered settling down and being 'normal'. Thank goodness I didn't take things that far!

Anything y'all have changed for the sake of getting a date?

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
No, I cannot think of anything I have changed for a date. Do the guys in Texas really care that much about what you eat ... or don't eat? After getting into a serious relationship, I have delayed some of my own projects to assist with hers. It was not a biggie and everything got done at some point.

Enjoy eating your veggies TxMex.

·
mean people suck
2,532 Posts
No, I haven't changed anything to date. Life is constant change and I am constantly working to be a better, happier person than I was yesterday. You can't change for anyone but yourself and it be a true change. They will have to like me for who I am or not at all and I will do the same for them:)

Mean people suck.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I NEED to change my appearance like get all dolled up and frilly then maybe I could get a date!!

Reactions: nehimama

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Tex; are you eating like a canary in order to keep your weight down? You should not be uncomfortable at the lower weight unless you are working harder than you should and just not getting enough to eat.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I NEED to change my appearance like get all dolled up and frilly then maybe I could get a date!!
No, you don't. Honestly, you can quickly cut the superficial pretty boys from the herd by not getting dolled up. Then when you do get a great guy, you can get dolled up for the two of you together and go out on the town! Or a fun trip/date/resupply run to Cabelas, or Gander Mountain for ammo! LOLOL

Do not eat dinner there!

Instead stop by the butcher shop and get two huge T bones for the price of two appetizers. Fire up grill, add wine and coal cooked Russet Taters..... little side salad with Blue cheese and fresh made Raspberry vinaigrette.... George Strait on the stereo. Let the evening unfold, or perhaps head to the range, load the rifles and make fun bets on each shot!!!! LOLOL :kiss::duel:

Just sayin........ save the face paint for special times with your special guy!

·
Still an :censored:
15,870 Posts
I always figured if I took a shower, brushed my teeth and put on clean clothes I was ready to go. I always smile and I'd never ask for "private" pictures until after the second date ... if I got one. Maybe my problem is something else. I need to get in touch with my lookalike and get pointers.

All kidding aside, go back to the diet you felt best on. If that's vegetarian, anybody who has a problem with that is telling you something about themselves.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
One of my son's friends married a vegetarian, I hate it if they come over at meal time when son and family are here, poor girl can't eat anything to speak of.

As to changing anything about myself, NOPE, ain't gonna do that for nobody. No point starting off with a lie.
Ed

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I cannot think of anything I have changed for a date. Do the guys in Texas really care that much about what you eat ... or don't eat? After getting into a serious relationship, I have delayed some of my own projects to assist with hers. It was not a biggie and everything got done at some point.

Enjoy eating your veggies TxMex.
Believe it or not...yes it is that big of a deal. I am given a hard time a LOT. Texas just may be the meat capital of the world. When you think of food in Texas you think of steak and BBQ. I'm grateful it is this way as I grew up on a cattle ranch and steaks helped pay for my braces :D

Tex; are you eating like a canary in order to keep your weight down? You should not be uncomfortable at the lower weight unless you are working harder than you should and just not getting enough to eat.
Nope, not eating like a canary. I am a foodie. I really appreciate good tasting food. The weight is staying off. Figure it is staying off since I'm no longer under stress from the ex and a few other folks.

I literally just don't have as much energy now. I am normally a high energy person. Bordering on being hyper. I enjoyed having no joint pain for the several years I was vegetarian and I am not enjoying it setting back in.

I agree with the prevailing sentiment that you shouldn't change for other people. It's kind of scary when you are first wading back into the dating pool. If you can make a change that will make you more acceptable, it is hard not to do so. Seems like lately all the changes I'm making have me heading in the opposite direction. :pound:

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Believe it or not...yes it is that big of a deal. I am given a hard time a LOT. Texas just may be the meat capital of the world. When you think of food in Texas you think of steak and BBQ. I'm grateful it is this way as I grew up on a cattle ranch and steaks helped pay for my braces :D

Nope, not eating like a canary. I am a foodie. I really appreciate good tasting food. The weight is staying off. Figure it is staying off since I'm no longer under stress from the ex and a few other folks.

I literally just don't have as much energy now. I am normally a high energy person. Bordering on being hyper. I enjoyed having no joint pain for the several years I was vegetarian and I am not enjoying it setting back in.

I agree with the prevailing sentiment that you shouldn't change for other people. It's kind of scary when you are first wading back into the dating pool. If you can make a change that will make you more acceptable, it is hard not to do so. Seems like lately all the changes I'm making have me heading in the opposite direction. :pound:
Butbut...there is no meal that is a meal without MEAT in it! It's not even really a snack without meat!

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Butbut...there is no meal that is a meal without MEAT in it! It's not even really a snack without meat!
Yep, that is how I grew up too. I actually like meat and miss having a good medium rare ribeye from time to time. Love domestic rabbit!

Just don't miss it enough to go back to having some of the health issues I used to have. You are what you eat.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts