Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stars opposite the moon looked extra sharp and bright, closer to the moon they were blanked out. Lots of shooting stars!

And the coyotes zipped up their lips - night before they were singing their heads off - gotta be the usual hot and cold though, not uncommon. Kitties love a full moon, they just figured it set like always and went to sleep.

Anything curious at your place? (I've heard about those folks drawn outside to sleep under the moonlight, but I don't know...)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Nope. Nothing weird here

·
newfieannie
9,653 Posts
I wanted to see it. set the alarm but it was raining. I've seen some weird stuff happen times like this. we had a neighbor who would sit out on her lawn on a 5 gallon bucket and quack like a duck. that's not a word of a lie either? ~Georgia.

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Outside dogs howled a bit when it started. Betty (inside dog) and I went into the sunroom and watched it. She whined a little.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nette, did you see red in the moon? It was so high, this morning the weatherman said that's why it only darkened for us - no great color like when it's closer to the horizon.

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
I've seen some weird stuff happen times like this. we had a neighbor who would sit out on her lawn on a 5 gallon bucket and quack like a duck. that's not a word of a lie either? ~Georgia.
Georgia, This had me laughing and trying to envision the scenario. I wonder what the quacking was about? Now that's funny!

I woke up just in time to see it this morning. A very dark reddish-brown. I was glad the weather here was warm and clear. It was awesome to look at.
The one back in April was around 2:30ish our time and pretty chilly, so I was happy I could just walk out in my jammies and watch this morning (we live in the boonies, nowhere near a neighbor).

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
I got up, but I did not see the moon. Darns woods were in the way. I did see a very pretty sunrise.

·
My name is not Alice
4,185 Posts
The cows were a little more difficult at milking than usual. It was a pretty cool event this morning. I wondered where the moon went. The night before when I put the chickens away, I could probably have read a book outside because the moon was so bright. I looked forward to having it this morning because my flashlight just went kaputz and I could use the extra light. I woke up, walked out, saw the bright stars and thought, "Where's the moon??...oh, that's why they call it a blood red moon...". The eclipse was fun to watch as I milked.

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
It was all Beautiful......Especially the Moon going to Pink and then to a deep Red/Orange......And the Fading out and going completely Dark. We watch it the whole while, out the big windows and from our Outdoor Deck. Simply Beautiful!

Reactions: OUVickie

·
aka RamblinRoseRanc :)
5,066 Posts
Yup, HandyMama hit it on the head...rainy and heavy cloud cover afterwards. Didn't even see it. :(

Reactions: handymama
1 - 17 of 17 Posts