What happened to our hurricanes?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Nov 30, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    We had 4 last year, now the season is over without any adequate storms. I feel deprived. 'El whatever' is suppose to be in effect. I don't speak Spanish, no idea what that means. Why do we have to have a foreign language here? Why are there people whom abandon their culture and ancestors graves to come here? People whom pull their children out of their culture?

Apparently they seek the American dream, well, baby its in China these days.....

2. hillsidedigger

hillsidedigger Well-Known Member

The fact that one season, 2005, could be about as bad as any ever observed in the Atlantic and then be followed by one of the more benign seasons , 2006, ever observed in the Atlantic (note - the Pacific was very bad in 2006)

is analogous the the instability felt by a racecar driver just before he completely loses it and spins out of control.

3. morrowsmowers

morrowsmowers Well-Known Member

They were forecasting a very bad hurricane season when it first started. Just goes to show weather is not much of a science. In our area just this week the weather forecasters have changed the 5 day forecast at least 3 different times -- sometimes they don't even get the 24 hour forecast right.

Ken in Glassboro, NJ :)

4. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

moopups, I think I may have found it. It's in Missouri, throwing us around, just a little cool so it's spittin' pellets. :help: