Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Goshen Farm
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vet says my springer molly (9 years) has an abscess behind her eye? Sent her home with some pills and said if it is not better on Monday to bring her back in. How in the world would she get an abscess behind her eye? I felt some swelling in her neck up high behind her jaw? figured she had a bad tooth or a puncture from playing with someone. How concerned should I be? thanks for any info. sis

·
Premium Member
15,785 Posts
Maybe she got a plant fragment under the lid and it migrated or possibly from the mouth.

I remember the surgeon thinking that my springer's abscess on her lung came from a grass stem in the lung.

·
Goshen Farm
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow i never even thought of that! i will be sure to ask next time we go to the vet. dh never asks any questions and then looks at me like a am nuts when he comes home and i have a zillion to go with his non answers! thanks.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
The way the eye is made, you can't lose a contact lens behind your eye, as some wearers believe. If the vet doesn't have ophthalmology training and use the proper instruments, I'd be suspicious and get another opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts