Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, the typical answer is "peace on earth" or "diamonds!" But I don't want either of those things.

Actually, peace on earth would be kind of cool for a change, but I know that the possibility is pretty extreme that my asking for it for Christmas will actually result in it happening. After all, I think people stopped giving that as an answer because they somehow figured out that their wanting it isn't going to produce it as a viable gift-giving option. If it were, someone would have given it already.

What I really, really want for Christmas, though, is TIME. It just seems like I have no time any more. There aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to accomplish. My loved ones can keep their money in their pockets, I don't need that new crock-pot or blender, the fuzzy slippers and odd kitchen gadgets can stay at the store, I really don't want them.

But please... if anyone out there has this "time" thing cracked, give my DH a call -- I think he's looking for the "perfect" gift for me. I'd like an extra four hours every day, minimum!

G

·
"Time and Sleep" are what I get every birthday and Valentine's Day! My DH travels quite a bit for work so I get his hotel points and mileage checks. I take off for one night to a posh hotel where I hole up with my Countryside magazine, my crochet and I watch whatever I want on the TV, take a half an hour long HOT shower, order room service and SLEEP. Last time I slept 11 straight hours! :sleep::nana: It recharges my batteries and makes me realize that I really do miss my home!

This Christmas I want my house to sell for full asking price and a bunch of tools for my new place. And if we can get a few cute dairy goats I'll be blessed out!

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Wish I could help you with that "time" thing, lol.

I don't want or need anything for Xmas. The only thing I wanted this year was a frame loom for making rag rugs and hubby already made one and gave it to me a couple of weeks ago. I feel absolutely filthy RICH right now- I have been given boxes and bags full of old clothes and other material to recycle into rugs and that will keep me busy at least for the rest of the winter.

If I had one wish, however, it would be for the animals. We are full up with rescues and foster kittens and what I really wish is that, instead of spending an extra $50-75 on useless gadgety gifts this year, more people would use that $$$ to have a cat or dog neutered which would otherwise not get neutered.

We will not put a tree up again this year because the kittens are too destructive. I would love it if next year, we had a house empty of fosters because there are no more animals in need of fostering- then we could put our tree up again.

·
..where do YOU look?
3,920 Posts
I think I would like to adopt a shelter pet... very specifically a Bassett / Beagle.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Honestly? What do I want for Christmas? I've got a good husband, decent kids and a renewed faith in God...but, all seriousness aside--for Christmas, I want a good job or the training to be able to acquire said job :) . That could lead into paying off debt, saving for a "forever" home of our own...oh, the possibilities!

·
Just howling at the moon
6,586 Posts
Socks sound good.

Right now, I'm asking everyone for clothes. My favorites are all too big. Grrr........
And that's a bad thing why?

I not saying peace on earth this year since I had the DW get me reloading equipment.

·
being a Mrs. is an honor
541 Posts
hmmm, this is a good one...

selfishly, I really want to be moved and DH to be retired; but thats a May '09 wish, so I will have to hold off...

Both girls have nice boyfriends (one will be married this time next year), we have plenty to eat all the needs are met, so I will have to put my one 'want' out there...

a square muffin pan...makes individual 'muffins' or brownies, square shaped. Saw one @ Target for 17 that was good and heavy; still checking to see if it is on sale. that way I can make the gift bags for our cookie drive bys a little more interesting...

Other than that, maybe more rain here in California, that would always be a good gift for sure!!

=)Bonnie (whose clothes are def. NOT too big--teehee!!!)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
All I wanted was the woodstove and insulation installed in the addition to my house before cold weather struck. We are having the coldest weather in 20 years and the wind is howling. It's 12 degrees outside and sustained 30 mph wind. We will be real cold if the power goes out like it usually does.

My DH got his wish and is entirely in his element with this freeze. He told me a couple weeks ago he wished we still lived in Montana, he asked me if I wanted to move to Glasgow, MT. I really wouldn't mind, IF WE WERE PREPARED for cold weather.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I want books. I'd like to have The Encyclopedia of Country Living, and some really good field guides about ediable plants & mushrooms. Also I'd like the National Audabon Book on North American Birds and the one on mamamels.

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
for dh to find a decent paying job that will not mean him traveling far off. Seriously if that is all I get I will be so happy!

·
Premium Member
5,937 Posts
AAAARGH - everyone keeps asking me this LOL

My brother's MIIL phoned me up about 3 weeks ago to ask - so she got told either a book on dairying or a book on breadmaking.

My DD gave me book tokens for my birthday - so I have just ordered myself two books - one on hide tanning, and one on beekeeping.

My mother keeps asking me - I haven't got a clue - everything is either too expensive to ask for, or can't gt it here on the island.

My best friend keeps asking me - I still don't have a clue - last year I asked for a couple of wood chisels and got half a workshop of tools. So while it is tempting to ask for a milking bucket, or a smoker for bees and see what turns up ;) I can't in all conscience do it :D

So my DD7 having listened to my mum nag me about making a Christmas list, decided to write my list for me. This is what DD has decided I need for Christmas - Chickens, ducks or a young sow, Some new china, a milk churn and milk bucket, warmwear mucking out and gardening gloves, some nice sock wool so I can knit myself some new socks, a "pattern" for a goatskin rug (I think she means the recipe for tanning the hide). :D

hoggie

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
If everything goes as planned I will have the very best thing that I can have for Christmas. All four of our children are supposed to be here with all six of our grandchildren for Christmas morning breakfast. That's a once in every four or five year thing so I am very happy with my Christmas gift.

Now if we could get all the in-laws to decide they like us enough to come with their children and spouses we would have a full family Christmas.

Sgg-Jan

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I'd like DH's health issues to improve and I'd like 500 Frazier fir transplants for this spring.

·
proud GRAMMA
2,261 Posts
Me i dont need anything. Stuff I would like,, our house finished, windows done, siding on, new doors, and the farmers porch done. I would like something just for me,, my teeth fixed. DH will get the fore cart he has been wanting. I really would like my chicken coop finished.I will get it done before spring. And we are working on the house a little at a time.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I am getting new tractor tire valves and tractor tire fluid for Chirstmas from my wife.

LOVE getting a gift that has a real use.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I have everything I really need. If I had to choose something though...it would be...a set of flannel sheets for our bed, and a new set of everyday flatware. I've "lost" a few spoons and forks over the years and have replaced them with mismatched, odds and ends pieces. I'd like a matching set again, and I'll be sure and send plastic ware with DH in his lunches after this.
That's about all I can think of.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts