What Do You Think??

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GOATDADDY, Mar 9, 2005.

1. GOATDADDY

GOATDADDY Well-Known Member

I bought a few nanny goats the other day. One of them is sort of striking because she is so long, tall and slender built, but, the thing that sets her apart is that she has the coloration (sort of) of a doberman pincher. One difference is she has very long pendulous ears. She doesn't have horns but I can't actually tell if she has been dehorned or she was born this way. What kind of goat is she?

2. shorty'smom

shorty'smom Well-Known Member

She's probably a Nubian if she has long ears. Or she's at least mostly Nubian. Nubians and Boers are the only goats that have long pendulous ears. I have a black nubian doe with brown points too. She's got a nice udder too.

3. shorty'smom

shorty'smom Well-Known Member

More than likely she was disbudded as a kid, nubians are supposed to be. If you can't tell, and there are no scurs, they did a good job of it.

4. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

I've got a black Nubian with brown points, too! Due to kid her first time in May, so we'll see how her udder turns out. Keep your fingers crossed!

Does yours also have that distinctive Roman nose? You can also check her ears for a tattoo.

Meg

5. Farmgirl2005

Farmgirl2005 Well-Known Member

Will you be able to post a picture of her. THat would help.
    Thanks Lyn