Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
The first one may be a Rick Reeves. Not really an antique, but definitely hand made. The hooks on the flyer would need to be replaced as would the leather on the front maiden to hold the flyer assembly. Both easy fixes.

The second would also need the flyer leathers replaced. It has the flyer assembly on backwards.

Both look to be working wheels with a little maintenance.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The first one doesn't really look much like my mom's Rick Reeves. A lot of details are different, and hers has a shiny plaque with his name on it. :shrug:
Still looks like a good wheel.
The second they are talking about on the Antique Wheels group on Ravelry. So far the opinion is rather favorable.

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
I'm with SvenskaFlicka on this one. Look at the table and how it is pieced together. Beautiful wheel! Of the two, I would say this is the better wheel. I'm sure both need a spa day :)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Both of those have actually been talked about on Ravelry. :)

The old oaken one that is in Lithuania - if you look at the picture of the hub it looks like there may be some worm holes.

I think the pale yellowish one is cute as a bug! I love the look of a super ****** for some reason and if I didn't already have one coming here on Sunday I would be thinking hard about her.

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
That first one looks like it may have a similar hub/footman/crank assembly as SvenskaFlick's new wheel.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
Rick didn't sign or signed in obscure places a lot of his first wheels. He used to live in my area and was friends with one of my friend's father.

I think they both look fantastic!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts