Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I Live In Florida. I Have Been Using Home Delivery Of Spring Water From Up The State A Ways For Three Months. I Immediately Had An Improvement Of Health And Have Lost Weight Simply By Having Decent Water To Drink. Will Be Glad To Supply The Name On Request.

We Have Well Water Here, Aerator, And Water Softener.. Too Salty And Doesnt Taste Good. Nice Water For Laundry. Straight Off The Well It Waters The Cattle And My Garden. Not To Drink!

·
Living in the Hills
4,537 Posts
Blech, it tastes stale! My dh had a tour of the local bottling plant. He saw a guy filling bottle of water. He asked and it was the water going to the stores as pure drinking water and pure spring water. It was city water in bottles! My kids refuse to drink the stuff. When we travel they fill bottles from home & take them with us.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Unless your local water supply is REALLY bad, well or municipal it's probably the scam of the century. If my local water was intolerable, I'd opt for a water purification system rather than buy bottled water.

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
I have well water that goes through a reverse osmosis and then two brita filters back to back. I bottle that to take with. I suppose after all that filtering it is just wet with no minerals left whatsoever. I don't taste any salt or anything and can tell when it is time to change a filter as water is all I drink after my cup of tea in the morning.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I drink tap water at home but if we're out on the road I'll get bottled water rather than a soda. Some of the waters do have a funny taste. I usually get Aquafina or Poland Springs. I also drink bottled water when we visit my MIL as her tap water messes with my digestive system!! :grump:

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
I don't like it but when you travel you have to get something. When I was in Seattle and Las Vegas I couldn't believe how horrible their water tasted. I only drink water, so I buy water in the little markets when I travel instead of soda pop or the other sugary drinks. At home I have 4 Kleen Kanteens that I use for my water when we go out for the day. They are wonderful, by the way.

I agree though, it is a huge wasted of the earth's resources (all of that plastic) and money.

·
Premium Member
23,924 Posts
I think that bottled water is one of the greatest marketing gimmicks ever.

I also think it is a major source of pollution (bottles into the landfills).

I take my own water bottle whenever possible, and if I have the option of getting a paper cup of water or a bottle of water, I'll take the cup, thank you.

Pony!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Our well water is OK for cooking but tastes horrible (sulfur) for drinking water. So we buy the gallon jugs of water at Wal Mart for drinking plain, for making coffee and tea.

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
We have excellent well water, glacial melt from the late ice age. On the other hand the well at work is awful. 7000gph but smells like old eggs in a sulfur mine.

We have drinking water delivered there.

·
Premium Member
5,211 Posts
I think of it as a gimmick mostly. I can grab some water from an artesan well for free whenever I go to town, it would be silly for me to pay for water. Even if I didn't have the well, I have my own well though the water doesn't taste as good

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree it is a markting gimic and a waste of money. When I moved here Imadesure I had goodwater. No purifier needed. This is an issue for the rest of life and not one to mess with.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
I chided a good friend about his bottled water. One day he said "here try this" . . . .I about gaged. He has a beautiful place right on the Jordan river. So his well water is worse than bad. . . . . .for drinking.
No wonder he buys bottled.............

A big bunch of miles south of me----"Ice Mountain"--- draws out of wells a>>>million<<< gallons of water PER day . .and bottles it.
And those idiots say that that is not effecting the water table.

To me that is a blatent lie. . . . . .it is up setting Ma Nature.

But-----that plant created a handfull of *jobs* and some *tax* money. . . . .never mind what will happen once the water table gets upset.

Please do not buy> Ice Mountain <

Do I get upset about bottled water . . . . . . YUP

My well water is the best . . . . .

·
Registered
448 Posts
Bottled water is recommended for all chilcren twelve and under as there is to much natural fluoride in the local water supply.

I have had sever reactions to fluoride dental treatments resulting in being hospitalized so I chose to drink bottled water also.

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
has its place. I keep some around to use for our 72 hr kit/BOB. We keep some in the cars in case we get stalled or have a flat, etc. We don't drink it from bottles when we are home. I have a bottle that I refill when I need a drink to take shopping, etc.

Like most things - the over use is what gets us, not that it's a bad idea or product.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
We buy it and reuse the bottles until they spring a leak. We have really good well water here. Reusable bottles get lost. We drink the water from the bottles and wash and refill with our own water. If we can't carry them they can go in the recycling bin.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.