Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Chief Vegtable Grower :)
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do when you are drawn to do something. Feel that you are "called" to do it but have neither the money or the house for it? I just got Bethany's Life Lines. There is a story that is calling to me and I don't know what to do about it other than pray!

Don't know what I am looking for -- just mostly needed to talk.

Carrie in SD

·
tryna be His
2,199 Posts
I do exactly what you are doing and also ask God to confirm it by two or three witnesses, since the Bible says by the mouth of Two or three witnesses let every word be established.
Othr than that, just pray, and God will make your path straight!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
If you are being called,, (we all are called) don't ask questions...
And don't try to take the reigns...
If God has asked you to do something,, its His responsibility to take care of the rest...

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Give anything a bit of time to settle into your mind and your heart.
If you are still feeling called in a few months time, then it is a calling indeed.
Meantime, study about whatever it is.. explore it, talk to others that do it, get to know it.
Knowledge is power.

·
Animal Addict
12,209 Posts
I pray and ask for peace about my decisions, to know the difference between what HE wants and what I want, since it's not always clear. But if you feel driven, compelled, and called, you need to follow your heart after a bit of praying. You'll be amazed at how the answers come from "knee-mail."

·
joy seeker
1,482 Posts
What an exciting feeling!

I agree with those that have said if God is calling you to something, He will pave the way for you as well. Learn more about what it is that's pulling you and pray for the wisdom to see the options/paths offered.

~~

·
de oppresso liber
16,879 Posts
If you are being called you'll know it. If you are called don't do it you'll REALLY know it.

But pray and make sure. I have stories of people who thought they were called only to find they weren't as well as the opposite.

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Err...what IS Bethany's Life Lines?

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
It must be a deep dark secret - no one is telling us.

·
Premium Member
16,652 Posts
When I was first called into children's ministries I thought, "You've got to be kidding me!" I mean, sure, I love kids, but I don't have a whole lot of patience, especially with someone else' kids. But I was and still am miserable when I'm not working with kids. Been ministering to kids for 25 years now and always prayed for God to send me the kids no one else wants. Well, He sure answers those prayers. LOL I have had so many kids from dysfunctional families that it amazes me, but you know what, God has always shown me how to reach them. If He's calling you into this ministry, you will feel incomplete until you are doing it. You can run, but if He's calling you, that desire will not go away.

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
So Sonshine, what kind of work do you do with kids?

·
Chief Vegtable Grower :)
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If this is it http://www.bethanycare.com/support/bethany-lifeline.html
it sounds like a very good service/ministry.
Sorry that is not it. "Life Lines" is a magazine put out by Bethany Christian Services. It features many great adoption stories as well as a number of hard to place kids that are waiting for a happy ending.

I appreciate everyone's advise. I am leaving it up to the Lord. This is all I can do at this point. There is a 14 yr old girl that is about to age out of the orphanage in her country. Then she will be on her own and at a high risk for trafficking and crime. It breaks my heart and I would love to give her a loving home with a mom and a dad. Just don't have the finances to pull it off. If you all would pray that "Reta" finds a good home, I would greatly appreciate it!

Carrie in SD

·
Premium Member
16,652 Posts
So Sonshine, what kind of work do you do with kids?
I'm a children's pastor. I minister to kids from the ages of 5 up to 12. I also train teens to do a puppet and clown ministry, using them in our children's church as well as doing kids crusades. I eventually train the teens to prepare and deliver a children's church message in our children's church. We also travel to churches doing puppet and clown workshops.

·
Premium Member
16,652 Posts
Sorry that is not it. "Life Lines" is a magazine put out by Bethany Christian Services. It features many great adoption stories as well as a number of hard to place kids that are waiting for a happy ending.

I appreciate everyone's advise. I am leaving it up to the Lord. This is all I can do at this point. There is a 14 yr old girl that is about to age out of the orphanage in her country. Then she will be on her own and at a high risk for trafficking and crime. It breaks my heart and I would love to give her a loving home with a mom and a dad. Just don't have the finances to pull it off. If you all would pray that "Reta" finds a good home, I would greatly appreciate it!

Carrie in SD
I'm praying. It's sad because so many older kids are at risk for trafficking and crime.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts