What do you do first on Christmas Day?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by pasotami, Dec 24, 2006.

1. pasotami

pasotami Hangin out at the barn!

As Homesteaders - most of us have "other obligations" that we tend to....
    What do you do first on Christmas Morning?
    If I wake up really early, I try to get a few outside chores done first (feeding the little animals here at the house) - then I make breakfest as the kids open their stockings (yea, they are too old for that but what the heck!). After breakfest, we open gifts and while everyone plays with their stuff - I get the rest of the chores done.

2. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

Let's see tomorrow morning I will get up bright and early and make a nice breakfast, of bacon and eggs toast and pancakes. Then daddy will read the Christmas story and then we will all sit around the tree and open presents. While the kids are playing I have to finish the food for the homeless shelter. I am working on the turkey now and bake the ham in the morning. I also have about ten boxes of mac and cheese to make. After that we are going to my mom's for our Christmas, we are doing a salad bar, will watch a movie then come home and rest. I'm off work this week, so I will spend the week learning to knit with my oldest daughter and she's getting other craft projects.

3. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

What will I do first??? I'll go to the bathroom.

4. swampgirl

swampgirl Well-Known Member

Let the dog out, just like I do everyday. Then start the turkey to cook.

5. SandyB

SandyB AKA Southernbelle32

Ardie first thing I thought of!! But I thought that was because I am preggo!! :shrug:

We get up watch the kids open stocking stuff. Then I'll make pancakes. Then the big gifts after we eat!! Which are mostly gift cards except for the 2 younger DD. Who will be over the weekend after Christmas! :flame: :flame: :flame: That's a whole nother story!!

6. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

:rock: :rock: You are sooooooo right Rose.

donsgal

7. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Feed the cats then the poultry, Then the restroom. Then eat myself. Then I will be the one doing ALL the cooking. There are 7 people expected this year. Everybody else won't cook or are to lazy to cook. I have 2 hams and the potatoes to cook then the corn on the cob. and then the rest .

8. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

The first thing I do on Christmas morning is check my stocking to see if Santa thinks I have been a good boy and has filled it with anything other than a lump of coal.

9. Bink

Bink Well-Known Member

Ha! I've got you beat. I wake up first, then I go to the bathroom! :D

10. mistletoad

mistletoad Well-Known Member Supporter

:eek:

11. Bink

Bink Well-Known Member

It's a good thing he's self-regenerating.

12. Kris W.

Kris W. unregistered user

Well said mistletoad! :)

I will wake-up,go to the bathroom,eat a big breakfast of many things (eggs,bacon,toast,gravy), Ashley,my friend Nick, Ashley's friend Sara, and I will exchange gifts,and then we will all start packing to go visit family....Ashley is going to Texas to visit her parents, I am going to Florida to visit my dad and his new wife,after i leave my dad's, I will fly to Mississippi to see my brother and then to New York to see my mom and sister! By the time I get back, Ashley will already be home and then we will start taking down decorations, and planning our Miami New Year's trip! :) that was a little more than you asked, but o-well
    I won't have that much time to talk after tonight!:)

13. wildhorse

wildhorse Well-Known Member

stagger to the coffee pot the kids are famous for getting up any time between 1 and 3 am and when you don't get to bed until 12.30 am you need all the help you can get. :help:

14. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

I have laughed so much reading this thread! Between the "bedwetting", the "potty-trained", and the "self-cannibalizing" posts, y'all are a hoot!

Since I have to work overnight tonight, I'll come home, feed and water the animals, and stuff dd's stocking before I wake her up. Then the turkey goes in the oven, and I make breakfast for us - always French toast on Christmas. I finish wrapping anything I haven't remembered, watch dd open her gifts and then go to bed for a nap! I'll probably go potty at some point (while I'm awake, lol), too. ;)

15. fitwind

fitwind Well-Known Member

You got that right!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to have a nice hot cup of tea,feed the animals,start the fire,put the turkey in, and then watch the kid open presents Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh :)

16. Anita in NC

Anita in NC Well-Known Member

17. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Roll out of bed, check my mail, make sure the house hasn't burned down and heat up breakfast lol.

Kat

18. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Christmas morning here will be loaded with new traditions. DH offerred to serve brunch to the entire extended family!!! My morning starts with the usual staggering over the cat and dog to the potty, then put out said cat and dog, feed said cat and dog and attempt to make a pot of coffee without first having consumed a pot of coffee. After which, I will put home made cinnamon rolls in the oven, and wake up my kids. Since they are all teens, and only the boys are home, they can sleep forever. They can open their stockings while they have coffee and cinnamon rolls. Presents come after that, along with phone calls to all the family not right here in the area. Then we clean up the living room and start making brunch together. Scrambled eggs, sausage, Grinch toast (french toast made with bread dyed green with food coloring. DGD age 3 invented it.), OJ, Egg Nog, Coffee, Tea and Gingerbread Persons. After brunch, my boys do the dishes and we all shower and dress to do dinner at DD's home in the afternoon. Presents for the grandkids get done after brunch. It actually fills up my day pretty well.

19. TxCloverAngel

TxCloverAngel Happiness is Homemade

1. put on a pot of coffee.
    2. feed chickens
    3. feed goats
    4. feed pigs.
    5. feed the Danes.
    6. lay eyes on the cows and feed em.
    7. (should be 6:30ish by now) Pour a cup of coffee.
    8 start breakfast.
    9. wake up everybody

then Christmas/breakfast etc etc etc...

whew.. I'm tired already!

20. Boleyz

Boleyz Prognosticator, Artist