What do y'all think of this homesteading idea?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Mommalee, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Mommalee

Mommalee Well-Known Member

2. .

Oh. Ickybad! Maybe all right on another planet. But certainly not for ME!

I wanna be able to grab my rifle on the way into the woods, and go down to the lake and drown some worms now and then. Heck even get caught in a thunderstorm or bad weather once in a while.

I certainly wish them luck, but I'd feel like I was living in some kind of plastic and cement artificial world. Ick.

Just my 2 cents cause you asked....hehe...

Ozarkguy

3. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Why are sites posted without descriptions of their content again? Are the new posters not aware of common courtesy??????????????

4. Torch

Torch Well-Known Member

In the piney woods of the great state of Texas.
    Sorry, won't work for me either. I'm goofy enough looking without the spaceman suit.

Michael

5. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Anybody remember L5, the lunar orbit city project? Early 80's I think it was. Wonder what happened to that one?

Anyhow, think I'll stick with Terra Firma.

6. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

If God had wanted me on Mars, He would have put me there. Yuck, no thanks. I don't even want to live in certain states becuase there are no trees. :no:

7. Mommalee

Mommalee Well-Known Member

No, newcomers aren't aware. Now they are. Thanks ...

Anyway, I'm with y'all on this. But it will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

8. I assume they would not mind me quoting from their home page below.

Interesting 'what-if' type of project, can't imagine it happening any time soon. Love science fiction, wonder if that's how the people who headed west & found Arizona felt.... ;)

Brick structures on a planet that needs to trap air pressure? Needs some sort of liner.

--->Paul

"The ultimate goal of the Mars Homestead Project is to build a growing, permanent settlement beyond the Earth, thus allowing civilization to spread beyond the limits of our small planet. Utilizing concepts and designs from the past several decades, the project seeks to develop a unified plan for building the first habitat on Mars utilizing local materials."

9. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Well-Known Member

Cooool! If I was younger I'd go. Thanks for the link