What did YOUR goats get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by AnnaS, Dec 23, 2006.

1. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

Mine got a large squash and a box of Altoids. The big does are crazy about Altoids and mobbed me. I had to pass them out on the milk stand so I wouldn't get killed by 17 Toggs with fresh breath.

I meant to get *myself* a Christmas present at Fleet and walked out with a shiny bottle of Eprinex. I guess NOT having to shove Cydectin down gagging goat throats is my gift.

Okay, fess up... I can't be the only one who is filling goat stockings.

2. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

I don't neccisarily buy for christmas... But I do feed mine candy on occasion. Never too much because it really isn't good for them.. But it's a really easy way to bring around the little ones, hehe. Mine like skittles, and come running whenever they hear or see any kind of bag. :)

3. PygmyLover

PygmyLover nigerian & pygmy breeder

hmmm hadn't thought about it this year. Most years I bring out carrots (not just the peels like normal) but my new goats don't like carrots yet (still working on them)..........I will have to try something new. I know they love grahm crackers.....now to see if we have some on hand.

4. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

I bought mine a bag of peanuts. Then, I got a gift certificate for the feed store from a coworker so they got some grain. My DH bought me a big truck tarp for the roof of one of the goat houses, so technically, the goats got this to fix the leaks on their house.

5. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Well-Known Member Supporter

I just bought 6 more bags of alfalfa pellets, Bread and all the wrinkled up fruit from the kitchen.

6. stacygoats

stacygoats Well-Known Member

Yesterday I sold the two wild, bossy, fence jumping boer-x goats that were purchased 2 monthes ago (their going to be Christmas dinner for someone). The other 11 goats seemed releived to see them go, but I'm not sure that counts. But with the two bossy ones gone all my goats will be ensured of their share of the feed and a spot in out of the rain (haven't got any snow yet.).
    I've just restocked my animal cracker supply, so now I can spoil and pamper them while I'm off work this week.

7. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Ultra-lyx Goat (protien) block :p :p :p The calf and the doggies like it too :shrug:

8. gryndlgoat

gryndlgoat Well-Known Member

Their very own box of Saltine crackers, all for them. Not to share with chickens or ducks or turkeys, just for GOATS! They adore crackers!

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Well even tho it is a holiday and I should be resting :shrug: the goats are going to get fed and milked :)

10. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

One of those big tubs of animal cookies from Costco. They will climb all over each other for one of those. I'm so mean, I like to hold them just out of their reach and watch them make that stupid tongue lapping thing in the air. And a bag of those apple flavored horse treats. However, my goats expect treats year round, not just at Christmas. Don't tell me I'm the only one, I KNOW the rest of you are guilty too.

11. Blue Oak Ranch

Blue Oak Ranch Well-Known Member

Two ten foot christmas trees , one for each doe pen and a bunch of cut up ones for the bucks. The local farm and pumpkin patch has really really fresh trees, they cut and keep them in water all the time. No sprays or weird stuff. They have too many, and they're no good tomorrow...so they let me have a few.

Next year, I'll have to do a tree with "ornaments" on them - strings of peanuts, wheat sprays, sunflower heads - and then take a picture with them around the tree getting their presents. It'll be a great Christmas card.

Cheers!

Katherine

12. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

We're going to drop them an 80 foot pine tree to snack on.

We have 4 more of them left to clear out and hope to have them all down this winter. We'll spread them out, of course, to serve them "as part of a complete and well balanced breakfast".

They love the sound of the chainsaw. :)

Lynda

13. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, now I don't feel so guilty, lol. Ours love graham crackers, animal crackers, etc, too. However, their "stockings" have granola bars and carrots. Their favorite treat is Sugar Babies, but they don't get them very often - not very good for them.

Lynda, I got a good chuckle about the sound of the chainsaw....like cats with a can opener, eh? We use a manual can opener, and the cats still come to see if I'm opening tuna when they hear it!

Merry Christmas, everybody!

14. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

oooo, that 's a great idea. Mine have been jumping the fence thanks to the big guy "Pancho" who showed everyone how. Now they have electric for Christmas (lol) Anyhoo, I was wondering if the pines were ok for them, it sure makes their breath stink but now I know what to do with the leftover christmas trees!

15. Oldntimes

Oldntimes Well-Known Member

Mine all get the small Apple Horse treats, they go Bonkers over them. They Do however get them all year long, but for x-mas they will get extra!!!! :icecream:

16. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

I'm getting my goats is 500lbs of goat feed with other feed for them. Hay and some suckers to eat for a snack at times. We have other animals here and everyone gets something for Christmas not a soul is left out. :)

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to everyone on here.. :cool:

17. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

Yippee, (from the goats) because of this thread I found out my DD's FIL had just trimmed his pines and had a bunch in the back of his truck, ready for the landfill on tuesday. Guess what? They are now in the goat pen being happily munched on. thanks!

18. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

I guess that's what the Altoids are for.

19. marcir

marcir Well-Known Member

2 chopped lemons and a bell pepper.

20. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

I can't imagine bell pepper would make the milk taste too good.. lol