Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, I've tried to read Threads back. Apologies if this has been talked-to-death.

I just find it interesting to learn about childhood ambitions. Did yours work out?

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
You know when I was a young kid I wanted to be a biologist or work for the forest service type of thing in biology. Then in high school it switched and I was going to go to the Art and Fashion Institute of Seattle. But what I really wanted to be was a wife and mama. Well I struck out on all of that and instead do art with children and teach them science, gardening, arts and no fashion. I NEED help in that area.

·
mean people suck
2,532 Posts
I wanted to be a vet when I was in jr high, up through my early years of high school. Then I read the James Herriot books about being a vet and decided that might not be for me lol No matter what I choose to do, though, I always wanted to be a wife and a mother.

·
Reluctant Adult
8,956 Posts
A writer, but my father (who was a writer) told me I'd never make any money doing that. So then I wanted to be a clinical psychologist... he said I'd never make money at that, either.

LOL, why do we always listen to our parents? But no complaints. I enjoy what I do and I make money at it, too!!

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
A grumpy old' man... No, seriously, a stockman/farms/hound dog man...
You know you keep saying you are this grumpy old man and I had actually pictured in my mind you looking like that. Then to find out you are not even old at all, lol. Farming is always a good thing.

Raeven, you are a writer, who are you kidding and you do a beautiful job of doing it. I love reading your stories.

Farmboy, keep trying, at first you don't succeed try try again.

·
Have a Great Day!
5,197 Posts
When I was in 1st grade at Holy Trinity Catholic School (Yeah*, I was once an Altar boy), I was asked by my Aunts what I wanted to be when I grew up?- Of course, being Catholic and all, and shooting for the stars-I replied: The Pope!, then I remember them all laughing, thinking it was cute*. I thought to my self-'It won't be funny when I am in Rome! Needless to say, it did not pan out*

·
Indomitable
4,798 Posts
I really don't remember what I answered to that question. I honestly don't think I cared one way or another. Hated the career day crap at school. Told my guidance counselor (who by the way neither guided me or counseled me) that I'll figure out when the time comes. LOL

There was a time in my early 20's I thought I'd like to have a small inn somewhere on the coast, near a lighthouse.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts