Homesteading Forum banner

What Did You Harvest Today?

1K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  RJ2019 
#1 ·
Feel free to brag and/or post pictures!

This is from this morning.

See less See more
#3 ·
We are overran with yellow squash and zucchini. Cukes, peppers and tomatoes are coming in. Okra soon.

We are making lasagna using zucchini instead of pasta for dinner.

Reactions: Mish and RJ2019
#9 ·
Just over 120 lbs of tomatoes, two baskets of peppers, and a handful of cukes (which I didn't take pictures of), and these, which I'm happier about because they're much less work to process and I've been waiting forever for the new pullets to start laying:

#17 ·

Today I brought in some flowering basil, zucchini that I forgot to harvest yesterday, eggplants, yellow summer squashes, large hybrid cucumbers, lemon cucumbers, cherokee yellow bush beans, 2 kinds of peppers and an okra. Have 2 pumpkins about ready to pick and more tomatoes coming in next 1-2days

#21 ·
Got an interesting cucumber today
That is a nicely weird cucumber :)

I tried a new tomato variety this year - Purple Russian - and it has also been doing some strange things. Definitely a tomato for 2020.

Doesn't matter though because they usually end up in here (just put up my 43rd jar of sauce this morning):

#22 ·
I have been getting black beans and green beans. Those are being canned. Freezing squash and getting too many tomatoes to give away. I have been eating tomatoes for lunch and dinner each day.

Reactions: Mish and RJ2019
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.