Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day after Christmas I thought it might be fun to share what Santa brought everyone for the homestead. I got two magazine subscriptions and a wonderful set of architectural grade low voltage lights for my garden and pond area. How about you?

Liz

·
We're gettin' there!
937 Posts
DH gave me one of the most commonly overlooked, and in most cases, the MOST important tool, in any good working homestead....a new coffee pot!! :haha:
Heather

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Oddly this year I didn't get any homesteading related gifts unless you count the fact that our newly acquired doe (goat) got bred Dec. 22nd for the first time! I got DH a good set of hay hooks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got a pair of hobbles for the new cow who is a kicker...The cow has already given me her presents earlier this week...delicious milk and massive leg bruises. :haha:

·
Super Moderator
13,399 Posts
A trailer full of restoration salvage from a holiday season house fire to sort through . lumber scraps, windows for a greenhouse, colored fiberglass covered roof tin for making fancy dog houses, and some scorched brick for raised bed borders. The folks who had the fire were lucky to be insured and I was lucky to know the restoration clean up contractor.

Actual bought items I got some gloves and tools and a few lengths of unteated lumber for my SFG.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Santas going to be a little late for us this year (or is it early for next year?). We are finalizing plans for the new barn. Looks like post and beam with 12 foot headroom below and 8 foot headroom (center). We are also getting electric to the cabin, which makes it easier to use power tools (less noisy for sure).

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
A caged Posilock gear puller, a carpenters apron to hold vacination and tagging etc gear at lambing, and a new pipe vice.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,885 Posts
Band saw, clamps, and spade bits!!! :)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
coffee pot.

don't have a homestead at the moment, dreaming, tho.

·
Registered
167 Posts
A new Carhart coat and cap and three more books for my library. Barn yard in your back yard, Handy farm devices and Five acres and independence! ( A ten dollar gift card from TSC ,plus some gloves a new flashlight and a pair of real wool socks !)

·
I'm back
1,366 Posts
I got a squishy rubber lobster... I named him Bob.

now, you ask... what in the heck can she use THAT for on a homestead? not really anything... but I sure think he's cute! I took him to Target today shopping... got a lot of wierd stares... hehe ... especially when I started talking to him...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got a pecan picker. But I had to buy it for myself tho. I was christmas shopping in a Atwoods farm store when I seen the little gadget. It's a little wire box on the end of a stick. The pecans slip right between the springy wires and wont fall back out. No more bending over, no laying sheets on the ground and shaking trees. Just walk and pick. Now if I can just beat the squirrels and crows to em'.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts