What did Santa bring for the homestead?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Unregistered-1427815803, Dec 26, 2003.

1. The day after Christmas I thought it might be fun to share what Santa brought everyone for the homestead. I got two magazine subscriptions and a wonderful set of architectural grade low voltage lights for my garden and pond area. How about you?

Liz

2. Nette

Nette Well-Known Member Supporter

A tiller for my little landscaping tractor. Bring on spring!

3. blhmabbott

blhmabbott We're gettin' there!

DH gave me one of the most commonly overlooked, and in most cases, the MOST important tool, in any good working homestead....a new coffee pot!! :haha:
    Heather

4. Homesteader

Homesteader Well-Known Member

Oddly this year I didn't get any homesteading related gifts unless you count the fact that our newly acquired doe (goat) got bred Dec. 22nd for the first time! I got DH a good set of hay hooks.

5. shelbynteg

shelbynteg Well-Known Member

I got a pair of hobbles for the new cow who is a kicker...The cow has already given me her presents earlier this week...delicious milk and massive leg bruises. :haha:

6. melina

melina Well-Known Member

I got the components for a chicken tractor. DH is making it even as we speak, out of pvc pipe and chicken wire.

7. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member Supporter

A trailer full of restoration salvage from a holiday season house fire to sort through . lumber scraps, windows for a greenhouse, colored fiberglass covered roof tin for making fancy dog houses, and some scorched brick for raised bed borders. The folks who had the fire were lucky to be insured and I was lucky to know the restoration clean up contractor.

Actual bought items I got some gloves and tools and a few lengths of unteated lumber for my SFG.

8. Mike in Ohio

Mike in Ohio Well-Known Member

Santas going to be a little late for us this year (or is it early for next year?). We are finalizing plans for the new barn. Looks like post and beam with 12 foot headroom below and 8 foot headroom (center). We are also getting electric to the cabin, which makes it easier to use power tools (less noisy for sure).

Mike

9. Mullers Lane Farm

Mullers Lane Farm Well-Known Member

Sleigh Bells and a drum carder!!

10. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

A caged Posilock gear puller, a carpenters apron to hold vacination and tagging etc gear at lambing, and a new pipe vice.

11. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Band saw, clamps, and spade bits!!! :)

12. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

coffee pot.

don't have a homestead at the moment, dreaming, tho.

13. cashcrop

cashcrop Well-Known Member

One came back in October a 6 peak hp wet/dry vac and yesterday a couple flash lights.

Katie

14. posifour11

posifour11 Well-Known Member

one of the most overlooked homestead requirements, a nice warm blanket!!

15. 5TR-Apiary

5TR-Apiary Active Member

I got a new shovel and a hoe!!! Got hand blown glass chickens ornaments-no really ones--maybe next year!

16. ChuckinVA

ChuckinVA Well-Known Member

A new Carhart coat and cap and three more books for my library. Barn yard in your back yard, Handy farm devices and Five acres and independence! ( A ten dollar gift card from TSC ,plus some gloves a new flashlight and a pair of real wool socks !)

17. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

I got a squishy rubber lobster... I named him Bob.

now, you ask... what in the heck can she use THAT for on a homestead? not really anything... but I sure think he's cute! I took him to Target today shopping... got a lot of wierd stares... hehe ... especially when I started talking to him...

18. Sharon in NY

Sharon in NY Well-Known Member

My (slightly used) Kromski Minstrel spinning wheel! And insulated curtains for the living room.

Sharon

19. I got a pecan picker. But I had to buy it for myself tho. I was christmas shopping in a Atwoods farm store when I seen the little gadget. It's a little wire box on the end of a stick. The pecans slip right between the springy wires and wont fall back out. No more bending over, no laying sheets on the ground and shaking trees. Just walk and pick. Now if I can just beat the squirrels and crows to em'.

20. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

Both my Sons home on leave for 10 days!!!