Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking weather or not to breed my mini rex rabbits. I know usually you breed black or chocolate with a broken chocolate. But right there is where I have a little problem. I no longer own a black buck. The only buck I have right now is a black tort which I'm trying to sell but don't think that is going to happen. So I was just thinking should I just try and see what happens or just say forget it and not breed my doe. Also if I do what colors do you think they will have? I know my does background and just know my bucks grandparents side on fathers. So what do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
You can't get chestnuts from those colors. They are all self. It should be fine to breed them. You will probably get all blacks anyway. The only problem is if you get a chocolate tort since I'm not sure they show well but that would require the tort to carry chocolate and the chocolate to carry tort.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is all that I have. I hope you can understand it how it is showing.

Rabbit Pedigree

G.Sire:
Variety: Black
Sire:
Variety: Black
G.Dam:
Variety: Blue

My Buck....(black tort)

G.Sire:
Variety: ?
Dam:
Variety: Black tort
G.Dam:
Variety: Harli

GG.Sire:
Variety: Chocolate
G.Sire:
GG.Dam:
Sire:
Variety: Broken Chocolate

GG.Sire:
Variety: Broken Black
G.Dam:
Variety: Broken Chocolate
GG.Dam:
Variety: Broken Black

My Doe...(broken chocolate)

GG.Sire:
Variety: Otter-Black
G.Sire:
Variety: Lilac
GG.Dam:
Variety: White
Dam:
Variety: Blue

GG.Sire:
Variety: Broken Lilac
G.Dam:
Variety: Broken Lilac
GG.Dam:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to say that the black tort is from a pair I bred and in that litter I had 5 black torts, 1 black, and 1 blue tort

1 - 5 of 5 Posts