• Cold Climate

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Desert / Arid

Votes: 2 11.8%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I'd vote but mine's not a listed option - Mediterranean climate here.

·
Registered
10,924 Posts
Mosquito zone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Climate zone doesn't take into account the environment, so it's really hard to predict what will be hardy here and what won't.
Yeah it was more out of interest to see what climate everyone is in, haven't thought deeper about hardiness zones or so.

Was basically interested if everyone got snow or many people from hot climates here! :)

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Thought it was interesting only 2 of us from arid climates.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Thought it was interesting only 2 of us from arid climates.
During the summer I'm in an arid climate - generally zero measurable rain falls. But in the winter we get (usually, when not in drought) quite a bit of rain. Can't really check that box but definitely do half my gardening (the summer half) in extremely arid conditions ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Around 40f (4.5c) annual average temperature here, like living in a fridge! :) I guess it counts as a cold climate.

Interesting to see so many living in cold climate areas. I thought most of 'states would be temperate?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wheres the option for miserable in the winter and summer But spring and fall give me a nice day apiece?
So you live where I live? Hahahaha.

Miserable is what you make of it! I love our -55c winter and loathe our +35c summers. Spring lasts for a couple weeks, same with fall, summer for a couple months and the rest is winter.

Mosquitos are in millions of hungry swarms and the DEET is illegal here, unless used in 30% mixed sprays.

·
Banned
17,258 Posts
Yukon right ? I’ve spent some time there.
I was in Alaska from age12 to 23 After living in the mountains of Germany for years before that.
I still remember my arrival in Illinois in August, after leaving Alaska on a nice snowy day I stepped off the plane in Decatur illinois on to fresh that day asphalt 99 degrees and 99 percent humidity
I though surly the plane had crashed and I’d gone to hades !
Winters bad here cause it’s always windy and never cold enough that your not wet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts