What cha do on rainy days.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alleyyooper, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:09 AM.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

Ihad a afternoon Doctors appointment at the VA Clinic 30 miles away so couldn't get into any thing to intensive.

So Started out going out and feeding the PUPs and playing some inside fetch with them and a good healthy brushing and trimming out burrs.

Then I grabed a hunk of T 1-11 sideing left over from the honey house project and cut a bit from it 18 inches long and 12.5 inchs wide. Divided the 12.5 width into 6.25 inches. Two more bits 1 inch wide and 18 inches long. Places the 1 inch wide between the two 6.25 pices and screwed them together. Now I have two chain saw scabbards to mount on the Kubota some place, Possibly the ROPS bar, maybe the loader frame.
    That took up the morning as I had to shower and drive the 40 minutes for the appointment but stopped along rhe way for a quickie lunch for about 20 minutes.

Appointment took an hour of waiting, 15 minutes with the male nurse who was a horses putt as usual. Another 20 minute wait for the doctor, once she arrived 10 minutes answering the same old questions, Think I will make up a sheet and laminate it and hand it to the nurse and Her each visit.

No I do not smoke or chew.
    No I do not consume whisky, beer or wine.
    Yes I walk my dogs two miles every morning and again every evening weather permitting, never while raining. Now am lifiting fire wood into the trailer. lifting it out and some times hand splitting it some times useing a machine but lifting just the same. So yes I excierize.

Yes I take my blood readdings three times a day, I have my meter with me as usual.

Still struggle and has gotten worsce since I had my knees replace for some odd reason.

Then 15 minutes breathing for her and removing boots and socks so she can look at my feet.

So about 2 hours later I am able to leave.

Back at home the huse has coold off a lot so I split a little kindling and set the torch to it while I bring in some bigger stuff for the night.

By then it has stopped raining and is time to go and walk the dogs for the evening and fix their pens for the night. Stormy was damp so I plugged in her house heater as the barn is cool.

That was my rainy day yesterday. I use rainy days to do inside work I save for those days.

:D Al

dsmythe and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  2. MoBookworm1957

MoBookworm1957 Well-Known Member

I sit at the quilting frame and work for awhile.
    Throw a ball for Strawberry for about an hour.
    Then we nap for a while.
    Then will start white beans and ham hock in crock pot for tomorrow

dsmythe likes this.

3. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

Oh I love a good bean soup.

Rainy days are good days for a nap too, favorite thing to do at the cabin with it's metal roof. I find it a soothing sound.

:D Al

dsmythe and MoBookworm1957 like this.