what can't go together?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by luvrulz, May 12, 2005.

1. luvrulz

luvrulz Well-Known Member Supporter

I know there are certain things that shouldn't be planted side by side but for the life of me, I can't remember what! Can anyone help??

We're finally getting our starts in the ground after some equip trouble and are so happy to be able to get them all planted! Thanks for all your info and help!

:p

2. Nax

Nax Well-Known Member

I've never really heard this before. I'm interested to hear responses. The only things I make sure I separate is hot peppers from sweet peppers.

Oh yeah, different varities of corns need to be separated--especially the hybrids. If they cross pollinate, the sweetness turns to starchy. Those types of warnings are usually given in the catalogs or on the packets though.

Unless you're collecting seed for next year's planting, I don't know of any other cross-pollination problems.

What wisdom do other's have?

3. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

4. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member Supporter

I was given some loofa seeds and was told to keep them way far away from my cukes. Evidently you'll end up with a not great tasting cuke that really cleans out your system on the way through. :haha:

Nomad

5. papaw

papaw Well-Known Member

Thanks for reposting the link ... I had seen it, but lost it along time ago....
    Thanks.