Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,948 Posts
Even recharageable batteries have a life expectancy.

We've used the same rechargeable AA batteries for over two years now. As you know, WIHH takes a lot of photos and videos. The brand of our rechargeable betteries is Energizer. We use a AA battery recharger also made by Energizer.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
our digital camera uses Kodak rechargable batteries.....or general AA batteries....we have 2 sets of the rechargable ones....when we plug the camera into the pc, it recharges the batteries

we have had the camera since Nov2006 so it isnt very old....so far they are still recharging and lasting adequately

Rachel

·
Enjoying Four Seasons
3,107 Posts
I was just thinking that we need to get more batteries. We usually purchase the large packs at Home Depot...but we go through AA's all the time! We were using rechargables for our digital camera, but they seemed to last about a year. I guess I can assume that a year is their life expectancy? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Nickle metal hydride Energizer rechargeable. I keep a set in the charger and a set in the camera. Mine uses 4 batteries and they seem to last longer than DDs which uses 2 even if you account for the # of batteries. She uses a lot more than 2x what I use. Maybe it also has something to do with camera useage. I have an Olympus, DD has a Kodak.

·
Columnist, Feature Writer
4,568 Posts
Mine uses four Kodak rechargeable digital camera batteries. I've used the same batteries since buying the camera last October. I can take a thousand pics before they have to be recharged.

·
USMC can't fix stupid(s)
2,736 Posts
we use duracell or energizer for our canon power shot.
life for them goes along with how many pics, videos we take.
my sis has a power shot too, a bit fancier than ours, she has a battery pack that she charges whenever she isn't using her camera, then slaps it in and off she goes.
she takes a lot of pictures!

·
Registered
203 Posts
i buy the $7 brand from walmart. i have a charger and keep one set freshly charged while the other is in the camera. but expect them to lose their charge just sitting there. the first time they are charged they go down quickly then gain time the more times you use them. after a couple of dozen times of charging they start to lose charge time.

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
rose2005 said:
I think it depends on the camera as to how long batteries last. Some eat them up quick while other cameras are much better.

We use duracell and purchase them when they are on offer.

Rose
Melissa,
I think what Rose said is absolutely true. Our first digital was a Kodak 6445 point and shoot. Eats batteries like crazy. We upgraded to a Kodal Z710, and I have replaced the batteries once. The Kodaks take a weird battery. Cost is about $18 for a two pack at WalMart, but super cheap on ebay.
Clove

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Our camera came with a rechargable Lithium battery. Lithium rechargeable batteries hold a charge for a longer time, will give you more re-charge cycles and are better suited to electronics that use a lot of power at once (digital cameras with flashes). Lithium batteries also can handle trickle charging/partial charges better than NiMh (Nickel Metal Hydride) or NiCad (Nickel Cadmium batteries).

Lithium or Li-ion (Lithium ion) batteries do cost more money, but I think the extra long life really makes up for the cost.

deb
in wi

·
Registered
647 Posts
I use the Harbor Freight Yellow in color recharable AA batteries.. Last alot longer then regular batteries and I have had them for 3 years now and they seem as good as the day I bought them
Not only in digital cameras but the daughters musicial players. even the wifes mp3 player.

I was pleasently pleased with them.. figured they wouldnt be any good but they proved me wrong.

Another good thing about them they are under 3 dollars for 4 batteries. when on sale that is.. cheaper then regular coppertop batteries :shrug:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I use the AA size Energizer Rechargeable 2500 mAh batteries, and recharge them in an Energizer Charger. They last for several hundred pictures between charges.
We use a lot of AA batteries for various electronic devices. We put the depleted batteries in a small plastic box on a shelf, and when we accumulate 4 of them we immediately plug them into the charger. When the charge is complete, we put them into another small plastic box so that we always have plenty of fully charged spare batteries available.

I also always pull the batteries out of the camera when not using.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts