Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Farmgirl got me thinking about having a thread for all our goats' names.
I don't know about y'all, but when I hear a name I think I would like for a goat, I write it down, so I have some ideas come kidding season again. (My daughter child named her dwarf rabbit by choosing a name from the list. lol.)

My goats' names are:
Keisha, Molly, Jackie, Millie, Deacon, and Malachi.

I've had goats in the past named:
Daisy, Callie Jean, Rose, Rusty, Penny, Cherry, Freddy, Wilma, Rhoda, Rheba, Ruthie (I'm sure there were more. lol)

What do y'all call your goaties?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Our first goat was "Baby Girl" and it fit, a Nubian sweetheart.

Harker: Nubian already named/
Splash: Nubian "
Pumkin: Nubian mixed already named/

Nubians we've named:
Penelope; Penny; Nellie

Our Togs: (going for Swish names)
Hiedi
Hildy

Nubian Buck:
Tozer for my favorite author
B-1 (had two other bucks bred along with Tozer named them Burger-1 and Burger-2 since we where going to eat them, B-1 excaped that fate.

"Remember you are unique, just like everyone else"

·
winding down
3,471 Posts
I've only four at the moment:

Ethel...brush goat
Sybil...brush goat
Rosie...Nubian
Snowflake...Nubian
One more goat coming this weekend, Jezabel, Nubian

Meg :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've been having a blast with goat names:

Thibadeaux - big Saanan buck, bred by a cajun

We've been naming out goats after family members so far we've got Jake and Tyler (wethers and big old pets) BessieMay (neice) MaryMay, TinaMay, and CarolMay (sister) and Susan (sister in law)

My Saanan babies are registared under one name but are called another:

Ostara Sunday, born on Easter Sunday aka Sophie (goddess baby)

Thursday Suprise, went out to the goat shed one Thursday morning and suprise there she was, aka Rosie.

I'm Stuck, because that was what he was, stuck. I had to pull the little critter out, aka Casey, named after my friends son who's about the biggest pain in the butt breating.

Twister, born with a twisted tail

April, born on April fool's day

And lets not forget little Earthday's Algore, no explaination needed.

We've also got Shady Lane's Eddie Haskel. His breeder just called him Eddie, my husband decided he looked like Eddie haskel from Leave it to Beaver. He doesn't but the name stuck.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
My bucks name is Chianti Dresden
My lead doe is Heidi
Then in order Marissa,Mariah,Kian,Kirah
All are my Oberhaslis
Then there is this Little Nubian named Easter Lilly,Lilly for short.
One big, long legged, Lamacha named Cookie, came with the name and she knows it.

Three little bucklings Chase,Camel joe,Major .(major pain in the a**)
Oh Yeah ,Then there is the Boer wether named Chevy.

·
Registered
337 Posts
the folowing are all Alpines Jill-Latte-Huck-sunflower-bambi-jack- then the pygmys are bonnie and clyde and king arthur ,mocha and 2 new babies are brownie and blackie (the girls named them) and then we ahve alittle alpine buckling named cowboy

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
The old doe I had to put down a couple of months ago was Shoelace (cause she liked to eat them). My oldest wether is Gohan (nephew named him). The youngest wether is Oreo (he's black with white wattles and ears, and white spots on his nose). Mine are all cashmeres.

·
Registered
960 Posts
My first doe's name is Pippy for Pipsqueak. She was a premature doe who was bottle fed by her previous owner and taken to work with the lady. Her doe kid was Sandy named after our first goat on our first farm. The doe kid this year is Friday because she was born on that day of the week. The buck's name is Fabio. He comes from real good old milk lines. They are all American Alpines.

·
Legally blonde!
3,318 Posts
Oh my...

I have
Teagen a light golden cream w/white la mancha wether

Bramble a red w/white la mancha wether(and cousin of teagens) (the poor guy also has a slight parret mouth :waa: otherwise he would have been a breeder of mine :waa: )

Ricaolette a blonde la mancha doe and mother to Bramble (her mothers name was Nicoalette)

BrandyWine Bridge a golden colored la mancha/oberhasli cross doe who is also half sister of Teagen (from Lord of the Rings for those of you who might remember the referance to the bridge..I call her Brandy for short though)

Ramsey Allen a 75% boer doe(didn't name her bought her already named along with Ricoalette)

Diablo a oberhasli wether who is deformed in the hind quarters...i named him because when we first got him his horns where coming in making him look like the devil...since diablo is spanish for devil hence his name(although he is an angel!)

Larry a boer X wether(who is going to be sold!) (his 2 half brothers are Curly and Moe :haha: )

Sir Loin(called sirloin) a meat goat who is to be eaten or sold for meat

Tizzabell a nubian doeling (called tizzy for short..her brother was Troy and her sister was Tillabell called Tilly for short)

Tia a nigerian doeling (tia just fit her)

Tiny Trinket a white la mancha doeling

Toy Soldier a grey/silver la mancha buckling (brother to trinket)

Frodo a black mini mancha buckling (named after Frodo Baggins LOTR)

Turks Tidbit (called Tid or tidbit for short) a 87.5% boer doeling and daughter of Ramsey Allen...tidbit was such a tiny tidbit when I saw her the name just stuck

Peregrin Took (Pippin for short) a nubian wether (again after LOTR)

Merriadoc BrandyBuck (Merry for short) a nubian wether and brother to Pippin (yes again after LOTR)

And I also have
Rainy(I am getting her this winter/spring after she kids) a alpine/togg. cross doe
and Sweet a alpine doe whom i am borrowing for a long term.

So those are all my goats :eek: :D . And all my goats names...I am a huge LOTR fan and I pick names for my goats that seem to fit to them only.

*sigh* I can hardly wait for all the kids....Brandy's first doe kid will be named Willow after brandy's best buddy and my first goat who sadly died 2 months after I got her(long sad sob story!...long story short i learned the hard way to always check the door latch and never leave dogs where they might get to goats :waa: ).

MotherClucker
ps: My herd name is GoldenWood which is another name for Lorien which is an elvish place in LOTR :rolleyes: :no: :D .

·
Registered
62 Posts
We have;
the buck- Sir Isaac
the wethers- Bucky,Elvis,Buddy,Ozzy,Boomer,Buckshot,Sheriff,Doc
the does-MoneyPenny,Molly,M,Gwen,Kate,and Tallulah Barb (leapin Louie)
Oberhaslikid..Chianti,did you get him from Ohio,or does he just share the name of a buck in Mt. Vernon? It's such a different name,it stood out. ;)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Buck - Billy Bob Thornton

Does - Ginger, Molly, Ruby, Kittie, Red, Oreo, Shirlette, Raven, Lizzie, Tory

Wethers/billies - Pip, Squeak, Thing 1, Orik

My son helped name a few, but mostly they just looked like their name :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have a mini-nubian named Saffron and a mixed breed named Rosemary.

We've had a Sage and Coriander (Cori for short), too.

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
I have three Nigerian Dwarf wethers, called Kip, Dillon and Noah.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have 3 goats right now!

My Boer Doe is named "Bailey Girl" I named her this because she was my 1st goat and I ahve been grateful to my "Foster Family" that took me in and turned my life around thier last name was Bailey so I named her after them.

I also have Pygmy Twin Does. They are REALLY twins I can't hardly tell them apart. Now they are getting alittle older one of them has longer horns, because they are growing faster. I named them "Salty & Pepper" They are solid Black with little bits of white on thier ears snot and one has alittle bit on the back side of her tail so she is "Salty" and the other with solid black tail is "Pepper"

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
GoatTalkr9 said:
We have;
the buck- Sir Isaac
the wethers- Bucky,Elvis,Buddy,Ozzy,Boomer,Buckshot,Sheriff,Doc
the does-MoneyPenny,Molly,M,Gwen,Kate,and Tallulah Barb (leapin Louie)
Oberhaslikid..Chianti,did you get him from Ohio,or does he just share the name of a buck in Mt. Vernon? It's such a different name,it stood out. ;)

He is the son of the Chianti SR. in Mt. Vernon.He is named after his father and looks like him, very proud Fella :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Let me see , Dairy doe's are Dot, mysty ,Frosty, Molly, Pixy and plum these doe's are alpines . 1 Alpine buck billy 1 Boer buck Rolo 2 1/2 Boer does patches and betty 2 unnamed brush doe's and 3 werthers also unnamed lol .

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
I don't have one yet, but I think I will name it "Fudge" when I get one. I always liked "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" and the goat will be brown, so it will fit!

·
Registered
42 Posts
We started out with Issabella (bella) and Josephina (Jo) We still have Jo and her baby Layla. Added to the herd this year, Clydine, Easter Lily, and Tia. Buck named Elvis and whether named Paco(could change to Taco if need be)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts