Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latests is full extension drawer slides on everything. This is the item that got my creative ideas flowing. http://www.ana-white.com/2017/03/free_plans/slide-out-entry-pantry-cabinet-tiny-house
Room Property Furniture Kitchen Cabinetry

We recently used this idea to make broom storage for the couple of inched beside the washer/dryer. Now I want to rebuild the pantry and linen closet so that instead of having sliding doors and shelves, we will have complete shelving units that pull out in sections. Too bad I just got the unsiaw working for my husband. He could have been building all winter.

Let us know your good ideas.

·
Still an :censored:
15,870 Posts
I'm going to redo the kitchen and use a taller kick space to hide drawers with covers mounted on industrial slides. When the floor level drawers are pulled out and locked, they'll serve as a step to reach higher cabinets above the usual cabinet height. The industrial slides come in varieties that support hundreds of pounds or more.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good one Darren. We are going to do something like that in the barn. The area under each stair will have a drawer that pulls out. It will use that wasted space but will not be used to stand on.

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
O.K. I give up.... Looking at the photo - what is the advantage of having the pantry cabinet on slides? Looks like the only thing being done is blocking the aisle... What am I missing????

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
Wouldn't it serve the same purpose with only one side open and "nailed" to the wall???
Don't get me wrong I'm all for mili-purposing - just this one is ahhh, confusing least to me.

·
Premium Member
7,172 Posts
Is the hiding place on top of the furring strips that the slides are screwed to?

Mon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts