What are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Quilting' started by Gretchen Ann, Sep 11, 2016.

1. COSunflower

COSunflower Country Girl Supporter

Forcast, I LOVE your new machine!!! Singers are my favorite!!!

Horsemom, Those Christmas stockings are really cute and what a great idea!!! Did you make the pattern yourself? I think I'm going to steal your idea! LOL!!!

MoBookworm1957 likes this.
  2. HorseMom

HorseMom Well-Known Member Supporter

COSunflower I traced a store bought stocking on a poster board then enlarged it by 2" all the way around. I got tired of not being able to find stockings big enough for my horses treats! I think once I had the stocking pattern cut out I just eyeballed the cuff pattern size. Over the years I've made them from just about all types of fabric, pre quilted, cotton, costume type stuff. The cotton/costume fabrics, I back with fleece and quilt them. Personally, I like a thicker, squishy stocking. My daughter's and I's have bells sewn onto the point of the cuff. They are currently MIA, lol.
    Heidi

COSunflower and MoBookworm1957 like this.

3. HorseMom

HorseMom Well-Known Member Supporter

Here is the one finished. Still have to cut the other 2 out! Spent 4 hours cleaning at the barn today playing catch up, barely made a dent. It was COLD! 10°when I started 4° when I left. Ugh, and tomorrow is my my Monday..... I'm never gonna get caught up
    Heidi
    [​IMG]

Forcast and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  4. Forcast

Forcast Well-Known Member

Well the new sewing machine came with broken bobbin winder, bent needle shaft and bobbin door. Yep I cried. Let the seller and Amazon know how sad I was. So Amozon refunded and covered pickup. Then they offered me this...

Attached Files:

COSunflower and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  5. frogmammy

frogmammy Well-Known Member Supporter

6. COSunflower

COSunflower Country Girl Supporter

Forcast!!!!! That is the one I have!!!! I love it now that Ive conquered the threading and bobbin winding!!! It has a built in needle threader too. The only downside is that we will have to order the bobbins from the Brother company as they are a TALLER plastic bobbin and the ones at the stores that say they will fit a Brothef machine WON'T as they arent tall enough. I'm going to buy a bunch to keep on hand because the machine is a limited edition and they might not make them forever.

MoBookworm1957 likes this.
  7. Forcast

Capture+_2018-01-19-23-36-09.png I ordered plastic bobbin cases that came with bobbins for my old machine and they fit this new one. Ebay

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018 at 11:39 PM
  8. Forcast