What are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Quilting' started by Gretchen Ann, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Gretchen Ann

Gretchen Ann Well-Known Member

I just finished this little 12" square wallhanging. I need to get a frame for him. He's going to hang in our living room.

I'm not a seasonal person, if I like something, I use it.

I'm including a picture of the pattern.

What are you working on?

Attached Files:

2. DW

DW plains of Colorado Supporter

I just finished a xmas quilt for my son, rolled it up and put it away. My next project is making some mug rugs in seasonal colors for hubby.

COSunflower and MoBookworm1957 like this.

3. lolart

lolart Well-Known Member

Gretchen Ann I really like your wall hanging, Great job!!

I was going to start back quilting but I am now side tracked in to making
    Christmas stockings.
    Through my son's marriage we have acquired more great grandchildren. So I want to make them Christmas stockings too. 10 in all :)

COSunflower and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  4. Gretchen Ann

Iolart - The greats will appreciate the stockings. Post pictures when they're finished.

DW - Let's see the quilt, please!

5. Gretchen Ann

Iolart - The greats will appreciate the stockings. Post pictures when they're finished.

DW - Let's see the quilt, please!

6. MakeLemonade

MakeLemonade Well-Known Member

I'm making an underskirt with lace for myself. Handsewing as I can't afford a new sewing machine with a button instead of a pedal

7. lolart

lolart Well-Known Member

MakeLemonade I would love to see your underskirt and see how you use it. :)

As far as posting a picture I tried to see how to do it but I can't see where the albums are to start one. :confused:

8. Ana Bluebird

Ana Bluebird Well-Known Member Supporter

NIce. Thanks for sharing.

9. MakeLemonade

lolart I can share a work in progress pic. I got the 2nd layer of lace! I have one more layer and then I'll get the skirt put together. It will be worn under other skirts to give an extra layer and look nice with lace. LOL I'll share photos of me wearing it when I get it finished.

To share pics see at the bottom of the quick reply where it says 'Manage Attachments'? You click that and upload the photos directly from your computer or phone or tablet

Attached Files:

10. MakeLemonade

Off to Walmart this evening for more lace and hoping to find some corduroy fabric or some really thick cotton. I want to try and get a new skirt in the works when I finish this underskirt

PrairieClover and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  11. lolart

lolart Well-Known Member

MakeLemonade Thank you for letting us see the under skirt I can't wait to see you modeling it. I love the idea of an under skirt too.
    Also thanks for the info on posting a picture.
    I will try it with the first stocking even though it leaves a lot of room for improvement.

The front with the appliqués have stuffing in them to make them stand out.

Attached Files:

12. Maura

Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

I am almost finished with a Dresden Plate quilt that I made for my soon-to-be-ex husband. I've been machine quilting it and have three more borders to go.

COSunflower and MakeLemonade like this.
  13. MakeLemonade

lolart that looks fantastic! I love it!!

Maura oh the end is in sight!

I finished my underskirt. Here it is finished and under a few skirts. This is a very straight one. My next underskirt is going to be much fuller.

Attached Files:

maxine, reese, HorseMom and 6 others like this.
  14. lolart

lolart Well-Known Member

MakeLemonade I simply love it, love it I also like the skirts too. I beige/brown one I think would be my favorite.

Maura Dresden Plate quilt sure sounds cool can you show a picture?

15. Gretchen Ann

I've finished sewing the bindings on 2 quilts I pieced last winter. I did not do the quilting, they were quilted by Tammy from the Three Sisters Fabric.

The one quilt is a Log Cabin variation. This is a kit I purchased years ago at Lolly's in Shipshewana during their pajama sale.

The 2nd quilt is called Cherry Blossoms. It was a free on-line pattern. This is my favorite of the 2 quilts. It just seems peaceful. The color combination was different than what I've used before. These were the colors the designer had used. I like the combination and decided to go with them.

These quilts will be saved and gifted to grandchildren when they start their own home.

Attached Files:

reese, housewife, COSunflower and 4 others like this.
  16. maxine

maxine Well-Known Member Supporter

Love reading about what everyone is doing,, I'm finishing up my quilt blocks for our Swap,, then need to make 4 special pillow cases for a young man that helped me move,, I"ll try to post a picture when I get them finished.. then need to get started on a Dachshund Quilt for a lady in CO,, I haven't even thought about Christmas yet !!!!!!!!!!! oh dear,, guess I'd better think on it some,, :))

COSunflower and MakeLemonade like this.
  17. lolart

lolart Well-Known Member

Gretchen Ann you have done a great job on the 2 quilts. I love making quilt although mine are rustic looking

Maxine I am looking forward to seeing those pillow cases. The quilt block too.

I sure love to see the pictures of the projects when we can show them.

18. maxine

maxine Well-Known Member Supporter

Gretchen Anne I took another look at your snowman wallhanging,, you did a great job on mitering the corners.. and speaking of borders,, the Log Cabin border Rocks !! The Cherry Blossom Quilt is so awesome I can't even imagine giving it away.. Wow !

MakeLemonade your under skirt is adorable.. will be so much fun to wear..

lolart your Christmas stockings are wonderful.. but now you have made me start thinking about Christmas,, oh dear.. I don't have enough time to finish everything.. whew !!

Maura don't you DARE give your soon-to-be-ex that quilt !!! nope.. give it someone more appreciative and deserving.. I once gave a quilted wallhanging away to an ex and he used it for target practice with his deer rifle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy was I stupid ! :)

I'm loving all our Fall weather,, I am attaching a pic of a Fall Quilt I made with Swap Blocks from some of our wonderful HT quilting ladies ..and the 2nd quilt is Hummingbirds I made just for ME.. love it..

Attached Files:

AngieM2, reese, HorseMom and 5 others like this.
  19. lolart

lolart Well-Known Member

Maxine, Wow!! the quilt block swap quilt is so cool . Everyone that participated sure did a great job on their squares and the way you put them together is awesome !!
    I love the humming bird quilt as well. :nanner:

I am also making knitted house shoes for the kids too.

Easy pattern if you want it I will be happy to post it.

dmm1976 likes this.
  20. Gretchen Ann

I've been working on Christmas presents quite often this summer. Today I sewed the last of them. I found a great tutorial on the Missouri Star Quilt blog for [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehdNBYnFsAw"]Zipper Pouch Bag[/ame].

These were for the grandsons.

I see variations of these pouches sometime in the future.

Attached Files: