What Are You Thankful...For?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by fordy, Dec 7, 2004.

1. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.........Thought I'd ask this question instead of another thread about Naked Homesteaders...I'll Start...I'm thankful for...I'm still healthy for my age as i'll turn 58 on the 24th. , this month . I don't have to use polygrip to keep my Teeth in , I don't take any prescription drugs , only aspirin . I have a modest home that is paid for , I still have goals that I haven't acheved yet , I have all my fingers and toes and they all still work . I'm thankful I live in a country where I can freely express my dissatisfaction with decisions my government makes without being thrown in the Slammer , etc . There are alot more but I'll be interested to see what others have to contribute , fordy... :)

2. deberosa

deberosa SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!

You pretty much covered all the bases! My house is not paid for, but I am thankful I have a regular job that takes care of that. Beyond what you already listed, I am thankful that I am smart enough to either get things figured out on my own or get the help I need. I am really thankful that December and January only happen once a year. :D

3. kentuckyhippie

kentuckyhippie Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm thankful that my dogs are with me 24-7 and my neighbor isn't LOL

4. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

My sweet husband has started a little tradition in our family. When we sit down together at a meal, each person tells the others one or more things he is thankful for, and it progresses around the table. Kind of like saying a blessing, but everyone gets to contribute. Just thought I'd share that.

5. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

I'm thankful for my husband returning safely from Iraq. A healthy happy little boy, and the fact that after 5 years of paying off bills aquired in our early 20's, after this month we are credit card debt free. Next thing to tackle is the student loans (With a little discipline we should have those taken care of in about a year)

Nikki

6. brightcopperket

brightcopperket New Member

I'm thankful that even though I was in the hospital on Thanksgiving for a cardiac rule-out, everything came back fine, and I got to come home to the truly awful, very special Thanksgiving dinner my sweet husband made for me. :)

I am also thankful that my children (one a freshman in college, one already graduated from college in the workforce) are both flying up for Christmas.

I am thankful my husband and I both have jobs and decent health insurance. I am thankful for my home but even more thankful that I have a job to pay the mortgage with and that we are building equity so when the time comes we can sell it and buy an old farmhouse in SC and move down South to retire to be closer to my family.

I am so thankful I found this board so I can learn about my true passion in life--chickens! :)

7. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

I'm thankful for this forum and the great sense of humor so many of you share. I don't have all my body parts, but my mind still seems to be mostly there. I'm especially thankful for naked, breastfeeding homesteaders!

8. COUNTRY WISHES

COUNTRY WISHES Well-Known Member

I am thankful for my family especially,my sweet husband. He does many things to make my life easier and richer.

I am also thankful for our home and great landlords and neighbors. After a previous bad experiance, they are quite a blessing.

I am thankful for being an American and all the freedoms that it comes with, I also am thankful to every veteran who has fought for those freedoms.

I am thankful I found this forum of like minded, free thinking people.