Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured it was time for something cheerful.

1. Our milk cow had a heifer!!! The first heifer out of 14 calves.

2. Our first day of school went smoothly - the kids cooperated and liked their new books, they seemed to remember everything from last year, and even the Littles cooperated.

3. We are all healthy

4. the hardware store finally got in my sheet of shower board (a 4x8 write-on wipe-off board for $8) :D

5. I got all the grapes and chokecherries made into jam, and the cabbage is all canned - except for the 7.5 pound head the kids want to enter in the fair.

6. My pullets started laying a month before I expected them to

Life is good.........

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have one of those dry erase boards....we liquid nailed it to a sheet of plywood and put trim on the top and bottom....I used L brackets to attach it to the wall in my classroom...this way when/if I got another teaching position, I could take the Dry erase board with me....we did end up having to screw it to the wall on the sides, because even in the brackets, it bowed out a bit....

I have transfered to another school, but my new classroom doesnt have room for it so it is just in my hallway

I am thankful that I have employment
that I have extra money to pay towards debt instead of going deeper
that we are healthy,
that I found a very good daycare for my son

Rachel

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RachAnn in NW Okla said:
I have one of those dry erase boards....we liquid nailed it to a sheet of plywood and put trim on the top and bottom....I used L brackets to attach it to the wall in my classroom...this way when/if I got another teaching position, I could take the Dry erase board with me....we did end up having to screw it to the wall on the sides, because even in the brackets, it bowed out a bit....

I have transfered to another school, but my new classroom doesnt have room for it so it is just in my hallway

I am thankful that I have employment
that I have extra money to pay towards debt instead of going deeper
that we are healthy,
that I found a very good daycare for my son

Rachel

OT, but doesn't the school provide a dry erase or chalk board? I had no idea teachers had to bring their own!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I would say the number one thing I am thankful for is my health. My mother has breast/bone cancer and my grandmother has dementia which is getting worse. I see people dying far to soon...so I praise God for my health!

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
I am thankful that I'm off pain meds for the time being and have the energy to accomplish a few things every day.

I am thankful that my husband has a good job and that he will be retiring in February with a good pension.

I am thankful that my daughter is having a healthy pregnancy and everything is going well for her.

I am thankful that my son's Bipolar Disorder episodes have been fairly mild lately.

I am thankful that my family and extended family are all, for the most part, in good health.

I am thankful that the two girls involved in horrific accidents from my hometown are both doing well.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm thankful that my neighbors dogs love bean burritos.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I am thankful to be blessed to finally buy land debt free.
I am thankful that my children are seeing the fruits of trusting in the Lord.
I am thankful that I have some nice friends who remind me of my goal when I get off track.
I am thankful for this forum, otherwise I would not have had such nice pickles to much on today! :)
God Bless,
Michele

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
Thankful for a loving DH who has an awesome job, great grown kids & lovely g'kids. (emphasis on GROWN :) )
Good health w/only a little bit of asthma problem when working in the sun...thereful don't have to work in the sun long!

Retiredretiredretiredretired.

Thankful for several old classmates who still write snailmails to me.

Thankful for good neighbors who walk their dogs w/me & mine.

Thankful for great 'virtual' friends on HT.

Patty

·
Happiness is Homemade
3,511 Posts
I for one am thankful for this thread, it comes on a day where I am having a worry filled pity party. so Thank You!!

The health of my family.

I have a wonderful DH with a steady job and strong work ethic.

My dinner that's cooking right now that I grew!! Home grown pork, fresh from the garden Green beans, and a wonderful cucumber salad.

Two of my boys will be starting High School this month (thankful I havent killed em yet! lol)

My Suburban will be paid off next month!!!

The fact that my hubby still looks at me like I'm the sexiest woman on earth, even when I cant stand to look in the mirror.

.... feeling much better now....

Did I remember to say thank you for this thread? ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm thanksful my family and I wake up every day.
I'm thankful after I wake up that I enjoy every day as though it was my last, and I mean by working hard at what I love, and things that need to be done.

·
Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
I'm thankful that we have our own home and our own things!

I'm thankful all my children are in good health!

I'm thankful that DS17 epilepsy medication is working!!!!! (no seizures in two weeks!!)

I'm thankful DH has a job that he likes and job advancement is possible and being offered to him -

I'm thankful DH is losing weight due to his job and he is feeling much better!

I'm thankful DS19 is committed to finishing school and graduating!! :)

I'm thankful that I have my parents to share my children with!

I'm thankful that God always provides for us -

I am thankful for my neighbor who is a wonderful person and growing to be a good friend -

I'm thankful for my HT family and friends.... without them, life wouldn't be the same!

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
I am thankful for my children, grandkids, my dh, my farm, honeybees, animals and my garden. I am thankful for my dh wanting me to be at home and having enough money to have all those little things. I am probably one of the most thankful person you will ever meet. I am thrilled with my life 99.9% of the time! Queen Bee

G

·
The night my oldest daughter said "Daddy, I'm having a hard time breathing" I turned the fire off under the supper pot, loaded her into the truck and drove her into town to an after-hours clinic. They found nothing, but I was thankful nonetheless. I couldn't decide whether to kiss her or pinch her head off, but I was thankful nonetheless.

When I got strep throat last year I was the sickest I've ever been in my life. Two doctors visits, two courses of penicillin, thought I was literally going to freeze to death when the chills hit me. I was thankful that I had a devoted wife who was there for me when I really needed someone. We squabble often enough, but when it really counts we are there for each other.

When my girls say "I love you daddy" I am thankful that I finally quit screwing around, decided it was time that I got down to achieving what I really wanted out of this life while I still could. Got married, and started a family. There are times they drive me crazy out of my mind, but they are worth every aggravation and annoyance.

I am thankful that we own our own home, cheaply built as it is, and our own land, poor as it is, because it is here that we will put down some deep roots. I am making my own mistakes I have no doubt but I am giving my kids what I didn't have myself - a stable family and a definite sense of belonging.

And last I am thankful for realizing how sappy this post is and ending it here.

.....Alan.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
At the moment I'm thankful that the ram who nailed me today only gave me minor whiplash and knocked my hat off my head instead of knocking me completely off my feet. :rolleyes:

I'm thankful I have a daughter who enjoys cooking for me, even if it's frozen pizza, so that I don't have to cook when the rest of the family is gone.

I'm thankful that the rain has finally stopped and we've finally found summer.

I'm thankful that we've finally pushed school back to after labor day!

AND...I'm thankful that City Boy decided to add onto the barn so that I could keep our third mustang! :bouncy:

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
I'm thankful that we have a roof over our heads.
I'm thankful that I have a husband who loves me in spite of my short comings and difficulties.
I'm thankful that I can homeschool our children.
I'm thankful that I have a wonderful extended family.
I'm thankful that I can put produce up for the winter.
I'm thankful that God so blessed us this year with our garden. A lot of folks wouldn't think it was much, but for me it is.
I'm thankful that I have a wonderful savior who gave His life for me that I could spend eternity with Him. That He is always there for me, no matter how much I screw up and I do plenty of that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.