Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
newfieannie
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for yourself this christmas? most of us that live alone and have no family have to buy for themselves. i like to have something on christmas. even if it's just chocolates.

i bought myself a new computer chair, a small tea table, a candle holder from the one of a kind store, a blk and red lace face mask and some silk lingerie. i wrapped that up for christmas morning.

my husband has been gone 17 years but i still wrap up something from him to me. usually he would give me a truckload of composted manure but those times are gone forever. ~Georgia

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
I wanted to get myself a VR headset for Christmas, either Oculus Quest or the Playstation 4 VR, but am undecided. The Quest costs less, would have the better experience, but is having problems with pairing. The Playstation is wired and you can't just carry it with you. I may wait until after Christmas to buy.

Mon

·
Premium Member
5,706 Posts
no idea, usually don't think about it. When I buy something other than groceries it is usually on a whim.

·
Premium Member
5,706 Posts
You gave yourself a Santa?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Although I'm not single, we're not big on holidays and don't always buy for each other. This year, my 7-year-old laptop was dying and I bought myself a new one. And goats for next year. Merry Xmas to me!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Im getting myself a pretend husband. Im so tired of getting ****ty service and men not listening to what im paying for (contractor) wise. Had a bad roof job done.many calls back to the man and roof is still leaking. So with my pretend husband ill start saying ill have my husband call you
No hubby said that's not good enough. Nope hubby said no cant help you this time. No sorry dh said truck needs break work before you can borrow it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
When I was single.. I would wait until mid January or so to shop after holiday sales.... And pawn shops as the bills came in people needed to pay...

A truck load of composted manure... THAT.. is a good idea for a gift certificate for Sweetie to redeem as she needs.. I am the "black thumb" of the family, but she can use that..

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
A knitting loom. I can fly with a crochet hook, but I'm passable at best with knitting needles. Stocking caps for my neighbors for the first projects, because I have the most awesome neighbors that will happily wear them even if they come out a little funky.

Love the idea of the pretend husband! Can I buy myself a ring and wrap it up too?

·
Super Moderator
13,623 Posts
After the month of December, I am going to order a new shortwave radio for myself so it gets delivered when the porch pirates slow down on their "holiday shopping".

·
newfieannie
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
come to think of it perhaps that's what happened to my parcel i was expecting. supposed to come in the mail box but sometimes the mail guy will drop it off on the front step. i have heard of several being stolen in this city. not around this area though but there's always a first time. ~Georgia

·
newfieannie
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'd like to have a laptop so i can stay upstairs winter time in my easy chair. i planned on getting one this year but the count is gone up again and we are only supposed to go out when we really have to for essentials like groceries etc.

i want more books also. i've been rereading my books for ages. i need socks too ! i ran out of wool.(i'm really hard on wool socks) but i see my grocery store has socks and mitts etc in now. guess they got tired of me asking. i'm heading over there at 7am. hopefully there will be very few people. ~Georgia

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Georgia. re: more books.

Best thing I ever did for me was to buy a refurbished Kindle Paperwhite and sign up for Kindle Unlimited. For $10 a month I can read to my heart's content. I average a little over one book a day, and would have gone broke WAY long ago if I had been buying them!

Mon

·
Super Moderator
16,618 Posts
I have kindle unlimited also, and I have been giving it a serious workout these last few months!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not too sure. Actually I buy myself stuff all the time that I want... not too much lately, gotta knock down the CC. Not for Christmas but I am getting a storm shelter put in and probably a well dug. Harvesting rainwater currently but that won’t irrigate pasture and a big garden.

·
newfieannie
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah girls i know about the kindle. i don't have it. i do read a lot online. old english history .stuff like that. but i have to have the feel of the pages. i sit in a corner, wrap myself in blankets and get lost in books. it's weird i know but i've never said i wasn't.

i had a terrible dream last week sometime that all the books in the world were thrown in a pile and burnt. now that was a nightmare! i woke up freezing with all my bedclothes on the floor.

got plenty socks now. went over early this morning. only 2 or 3 people around. all of us keeping our distance and wearing masks. bought 12 pairs nice thick socks. lots of chocolates and baking supplies etc. i'll probably stay in now until after christmas if the count keeps climbing. i haven't got the news yet today. ~Georgia

1 - 20 of 79 Posts