Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here.

This has been a tough year for many of us, but there must always be something to be thankful for. I'll start off:

Since it is his birthday today, I am most thankful for my husband. He is the love of my life, my rock of support, and the best partner I could have ever found.

I am thankful that my parents are still with us. My father has been having some health problems which are worrying us, so this year we will be specially thankful to have him.

Even though our finances are not in as good shape as other years, I am thankful we can keep a roof over our heads and food on the table for us and our animals.

How about you - what are you thankful for?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I am most thankful for the love of God, my family, friends, the skills God has blessed me with...oh goodness, I am thankful for everything! :angel:

And I knew there was something I forgot the other day--November 23 would have been my father's 60th birthday. :angel: He died very young (he was 26), and I am thankful for my (step)dad. In the 30th years my mom and him have been married, he's stuck in there :D

Thanks, dad!

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I'm thankful for God's love, the freedom we have to openly say so, my family and dear friends, our friends here at this great site, the fact that we have a roof over our heads, food to eat and our fur-babies to love.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

·
1/2 bubble off plumb
8,811 Posts
The blessings God has given us, some of which are:

That I live in a country that is OK with homeschooling, so my children don't have to go to Hungarian school (American school is $30,000 a year per kid!!!!).

DH has a stable job in this unstable time.

A healthy family.

Children with creative ideas.

A dog that notifies us when people come to the gate.

A full belly every night

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
I am most thankful for the good health of my Dd and her preemie. He is now almost six months by the calendar and almost two months by his due date. He is acting just like a 6 week old should be. I also also thankful for the gift of twins that my DS and his wife will bring to us in July. The Lord has been so good to us and we thank Him for the trials we have had as well as the greater rewards He has given us and has in store for us.

·
Try Me
1,083 Posts
I'm thankfull for my health, my family, and this great weather we're having lately here.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and many blessings.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I am thankful that God is such a wonderful author so as to make the story of my life so wonderful. The characters I get to share it with, the setting where it takes place, the interesting twists and turns of the plot - I am thankful for it all.

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
...............I am thankful for decent health at age 61 , soon to be 62 next month and still feel like working , for a job , for having retained all my hands and feet that still follow my commands , for having a warm place to sleep in winter and a cool place in summer , a truck that still runs and pulls my 5'ver when I need it too , and for a growing relationship with a very forgiving Lord cause I'm rather hard headed and opinionated . , fordy

·
Driftin' Away
745 Posts
I am thankful that we all have jobs, food on the table, a secure home, money coming in, and everyone is healthy.

This year more than most, so many are going without. We have every reason to remember that we are so much luckier than most.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I'm thankful for our health & our jobs, a place to live, and a wonderful family.

I'm thankful hubby didn't lose his finger in his accident. I'm thankful Dad is still with us, he's having health issues. I'm thankful my grandson is safe with us & his dad, and doing fantastic, and so many other, smaller things.
HF

·
Registered
350 Posts
I recite the same prayer several times a day....

"Lord, please watch over us and keep us safe. Give us guidance and direction. Please help us to keep faith and hope. Thank you."

We are safe. We receive direction. We have faith. We have hope. And for that, I am most grateful.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
I'm thankful for my horse Spencer. This morning he was laying down in the paddock soaking up the sun. I went and sat down by him and he snuggled and laid his head on my lap and enjoyed a long scratching session. I'm thankful that he trusts me enough to not feel he has to get up and can totally relax with me by his side :)

·
Cedar Cove Farm
1,706 Posts
God's immeasurable grace. His unfailing love. And, yes, I am thankful that He loves me enough to inflict dicipline. I am thankful for the conforming of me into the image of His Son. I am thankful that He loves everyone the same way. And that He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

G

·
That the wife and I are both still employed.

That we still own our own home.

That the whole family is reasonably healthy.

That I finally finished the greenhouse.

And that I now have everything washed and put away!

.....Alan.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I am thankful for the blessings God bestows on me every day, for our children, their spouses and our wonderful precious grandchildren. I am thankful for being able to share today with three of our children and four of the six grands.

I am so thankful for the wonderful man that I call Hubby. He has helped me today by doing any housework that needed to be done while I cooked. AND...he cleaned up the kitchen and put away the leftovers for me. You just can't beat that with a stick. He's a real KEEPER....Don't you think?

SGG-Jan

·
proud GRAMMA
2,261 Posts
Thankful for the gifts God has given us this year.
The roof over our head
owning our own farm and being able to grow food for my family
To have a husband who wants most of the same things out of life i do
for all my children and grand children

the love of my mom & dad and sisters and brothers and all my family and friends
The Lord providing for us during the yr my husband didnt work

Life in general

1 - 20 of 21 Posts