what are you asking for christmas?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by SquashNut, Dec 7, 2006.

1. SquashNut

SquashNut Well-Known Member

what's santa going to bring for your garden this year? My Dh needs some ideas for his favorite gardener!

2. nandmsmom

nandmsmom Well-Known Member Supporter

I asked for new hand tools, new books and a new wheelbarrow.

Heather

3. dcross

dcross Well-Known Member Supporter

Wheelbarrow here too! Bought myself a hiller/furrower for the tiller, too.

4. amwitched

amwitched Well-Known Member

I am thinking of asking for one of those bench/kneeler thingies. It's the one that if you turn it one way you can kneel on it and when it is turned the other way you can sit on it.

5. rwinsouthla

rwinsouthla Well-Known Member Supporter

I've asked for two 48" grow lights, a new wheelbarrow and a huge yard light to cast light on the garden so I can work in it at night!

6. Triffin

Triffin Well-Known Member

Peas on Earth ..
    Gouda Wheel ..
    Two Men ..

Triff ..

7. InHisName

InHisName Well-Known Member Supporter

Bought a Mantis tiller- looking at an earthway seeder- there is a company that will deliver them to your door for around $75- would sure llike a smart cart that is in the Johnnys catalog and Fedco- a stirrup hoe- maybe some of those weeders Eliot Coleman uses.

8. dcross

<<looking at an earthway seeder- there is a company that will deliver them to your door for around $75- >>

I'd love to know who!:)

9. InHisName

InHisName Well-Known Member Supporter

I was wrong- It's $82- that is 79.95 then take off 10% (till Jan 1st) then add $12 for shipping. :) www.heirloomacresseeds.com - someone else here said to try them and they are right, very reasonably priced.

10. dcross

I just found out Amazon.com has them for $80, free shipping.

11. green5acres

green5acres Well-Known Member

I got my wheelbarrow for my birthday, friends and family think Im weird, so for Christmas Im finally getting my pressure canner. Id like to get a bigger greenhouse, mines a tiny one but I dont want to push my luck.

12. RoseGarden

RoseGarden Well-Known Member

I put in an order to the state forest service for an order of mayhaw tree seedlings for my 'outback'. Should have them mid-January. :dance:

13. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

14. MsPacMan

MsPacMan Well-Known Member

I've asked Santa for a new stirrup hoe, a gift certificate to my favorite nursery, a book on soil microbes that I found at amazon.com, and/or a new board game on the market (found it in one of my seed catalogs) called Gardenopoly, which is the classic Monopoly game redesigned to be a game for gardeners.

Description of the Gardenopoly game:

Everyone knows and loves the classic property-trading game Monopoly. Now we've got a garden-friendly version that'll really grow on you. Garden-Opoly makes a great and personable gift, and the custom pewter tokens are irresistible - a hand trowel, garden clog, garden gnome, wheelbarrow, and ladybug. Beautifully designed, with fun illustrations and a blend of photography and watercolor painting, gardeners and gameplayers alike will enjoy playing (and learning!). Each player buys garden favorites, collects Clay Pots and trades them in for Greenhouses. Sounds easy enough - but add aphid infestation, water bills and a dandelion outbreak and it becomes a little more difficult... and a lot more fun! Each deed back contains interesting facts such as the appropriate climate, soil and watering for each plant, as well as fun facts about origin, popularity and varieties. A player may even be elected president of the garden club... or may be stuck weeding and out of the game for three turns!

15. the mama

the mama loves all critters Supporter

An electric fence for my goats, a pressure canner and a new ice cream maker. :angel:

16. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

If you're really good you should put in a request for a wheelbarrow with two wheels. They're so much easier to handle.

On the Earthway seeder - I got mine at Red Hill General Store. Excellent service. I also got the extra plates. When I couldn't find some of the plates last spring I ordered replacements from Red Hill. I had them three days later. http://www.redhillgeneralstore.com/A37455.htm

I'm asking Santa for a wife so that I don't have to come inside to do the cooking and cleaning!

17. WhiteChristmas

WhiteChristmas Super Mom and College Kid

a place for me and my kids and a tree. LOL and on the 20 of Dec they'll have toys. We've been blessed.

18. bugstabber

bugstabber Chief cook & weed puller Supporter

I want one of those grown up wagons, with the pneumatic tires.