Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Im on ssi.but still do retired things.My last full time job required that I be up by 6am.i left that job in 07. But I still get up at 6am.

I have coffee going by 6:20.sitting on the porch with a hot cup of yesterday's coffee by 6:30.i do my primary shopping when I need and want to.pay my bill's on line so I don't have to leave the house.sit on the porch with a neighbor, and talk about the other neighbors.cook n eat what I want and when I want.walk to the local store that's a block away.. except for the bill's.i think I'll do that again tomorrow.lol.

·
Premium Member
24,454 Posts
Nowadays, I don't have to get up way early to do chores, then 1.) dress for the office, 2.) drive to town, and 3.) work as a cog in the medical industrial system.

That's what I don't do.

I do get up only semi-early, but I've always been an early bird. I tend to the animals, but it's a joy because I'm not rushed. Still don't get things done completely, but that's okay, because I finally learned that very few regular chores are ever really done.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Agree on not wear a watch. Have not had one on for 19 years.
Not being tied to a cell phone, pager, or portable police radio, waiting to get called out to a serious fatal accident.
Bring able to do my farming and gardening at my leisure.

This list could get pretty long, fast.
Not wearing a watch for 22 yrs, quit right after I retired from the Rescue Squad.
I sleep and eat anytime I want...almost no schedule.
Living the way I want.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts