Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
I guess it costs them more to open inspect and put back in stock. At least donate the stuff. Watched people buy by the palate some stuff was broken. But they made more then they paid for the stuff. TuckerUpper on utube does it if you want to see.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
2,151 Posts
Yeah, but you don't get your money refunded if you don't return it.

Which is better?
a. Keeping stuff that you don't ever use, having nowhere to store it, being accused of being a hoarder, and being charged for it or
b. Returning it and letting the seller do whatever they wish with it and getting your money back.

I'll take "b".

Reactions: Forcast

·
Registered
24 Posts
My sister in law is a higher up at a amazon warehouse near me. They take returns that can no longer be stocked due to damaged boxes etc and put them in a program to donate to charities. You just have to prove youre a registered charity and contact them and provide the type of things that would help you. And its on a rotation and eventually youll get your turn. Theyve sent out pallets of stuff to homeless shelters etc. Then they have stuff that isnt usable for most charities. Like electronics tree stands etc etc and those go on pallets that are auctioned off. There are at least 3 places in a small town near me that get pallets and break them down and sell the stuff at great prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts