What a shocker ...lol

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Tiffann4k, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Tiffann4k

Tiffann4k Well-Known Member

Well as some of you know I have been having troubles getting my rabbits to breed so I traded a young doe for a "proven buck" from a lady I have gotten rabbits from before...well I have posted before on the meatrabbits yahoo group about my "bashful buck" because no matter what I did he would not breed any of my does, he just sat in the corner...well yesterday I was talking to my DH and told him that this buck had to go because for a month I have not had any attempts at even breeding my does so we go out to the barn to get the rabbit and I tell him that maybe we should double check and see if its a buck or a doe so I hold while he looks ( keep in mind we are both newbies and for us its difficult to tell ) so he says he doesnt see anything so we are thinking its a doe....sooo as a last resort I tell him that I am going to put another buck in with him and see what he does...if they fight it is a buck if he trys to breed then its a doe...well lo and behold my buck jumped right on my other "buck" and did his business, my "proven buck" is actually a doe, I am certain she took because she stuck her butt right up which my other does have not done as well as she has. So I am shocked that I was getting ready to have rabbit stew with a rabbit who might turn out to be my best doe so far ( judging by the way she was so receptive)

So we have now named our newest doe "Pat" LOL!!

2. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

too funny, at least you had another buck , and didnt commpletely lose out , but just as a courtesy, i would call the people you got your supposed buck from....

3. Tiffann4k

Tiffann4k Well-Known Member

I thought about it but then I figured they would say something like oh that was my best doe, I want it back ...lol so I figure I will keep hush about it ...lol and never take anyones word again, I will check for myself next time