What a LOUSY week!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by bearkiller, Jun 15, 2005.

1. bearkiller

bearkiller Well-Known Member

My turn to complain!

Last Thursday I woke up with teeth grouchy. Sometimes I grind my teeth in my sleep and that is what I first thought. The left upper eye tooth seemed to be out of alignment which is why I was thinking teeth grinding. By Friday evening ouchy, but not all that bad. By Saturday noon I was feeling pain in my face and thought "Infection!" so started antibiotics and analgesics.

By Saturday night my face was so swollen my left eye was closed and I was in hurt city. Mama barely recognized me! More antibiotics...yup those vet pills sure do work!!! By Sunday night swelling was down some and the hurt much less. Monday morning I crawled off my mountain and found a dentist.

He ended up wanting to do a root canal for a grand. I explained carefully that I had little money and no insurance he would just have to pull it. What a pleasant surprise I got, the dentist wanted not to pull that tooth bad enough he only charged me $300 more than pulling the tooth in order to do the root canal.

Drilled through and left the tooth "open" to drain the pus (He said the infection was bad enough I should have been in the hospital.) Today he was to put in the post and seal the tooth...but decided to postpone after I told him I could still taste the draining nasties. Rescheduled for next Monday to finish.

Meanwhile I've been pretty mushminded and sleeping a lot. Face is nearly back to normal, but hurts still. Well, as the old poem says, "This will pass away!" I just hope it does before I do!!

bearkiller

2. BeeFree

BeeFree Well-Known Member Supporter

Is the tooth vampire going around?

I woke up Sun with a throbing ache. By today it was really bad. I had an appt already with my dentist so instead of doing what was scheduled, we worked on this one. What is odd it was a crown. After 3 xrays the drs decided they could do a root canal or pull it. They couldn't guarantee that would take care of it as it looked like besides an abcess that it was a cracked root.

Well I made a decision to pull it and then have the two on each repaired as they are bad and then fix a bridge to cover all 3.

I was hurting so bad today, I was just wanting relief.

He got it pulled out and said there was abcess and a cyst on it, that it was a good thing I went for extraction.

After taking a pain pill and resting, I am feeling much better tonight.

What kind of antibodics do you get from the vet.I know of other people that have taken them from the vet too. He tells them how much he would give a certain size dog and then they do the math.

3. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

well when my teeth start to bother me im off to the shed break out the dremel and a little touching up quick rinse and there back in good as new

4. bearkiller

bearkiller Well-Known Member

Mtman,

Do you just take your teeth out before grinding on them??? ROTFLMAO

Ms Windy,

I'm a doc, wife is a Veterinarian. No shortage of expertise here in dealing with such questions as you pose. You did sound major patronizing and suggesting I have not the smarts to lick a postage stamp. Thank you!

Bee Free,

Maybe it is something in the air. This simply came out of the ether...you know, sorta like an email. But my word, but it was fast and painful!

bearkiller