What a great place this is !!!!!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by fitwind, Dec 16, 2006.

1. fitwind

fitwind Well-Known Member

I have been part of homesteading today a little over a year. I don't know everyone on here. This is the best place that I have ever been to. It's so nice to see how everybody helps evryone in one way or another,(emotionally, in kindness,thoughts,helpful tips,moral support). I think it is just wonderful.I have had someone show me the greatest kindness to my little girl. I am truely thankful for everyone on this forum.

2. daddio

daddio Well-Known Member

I think that Countryside Families is especially good because Melissa and the other moderators keep a strict eye on what goes on here. Sometimes, (me included) people tend to forget the criteria established by the moderators and we have to be reined in but holding one another accountable is a good thing.

3. Wildwood Flower

Wildwood Flower Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK

I live in Oregon part time, and Oklahoma part time
    I'm new here, but I find the variety of folks and ideas fascinating. And most important, I feel like there is an general tone of mutual respect, and fun.

4. shellyr44

shellyr44 Well-Known Member

This place is the coolest. I have found so much helpful stuff and it's the first forum I've been to that my face isn't beet red after I've read the postings. There are homesteading forums out there that are more like date pickups and dirty old men sites. Thanks Melisa and your helpers for making this possible.

5. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

"Sometimes you wanna go
    Where everybody knows your name
    And they're always glad you came.
    You wanna be where you can see
    The troubles are all the same.
    You wanna go where everybody knows your name." Cheers theme song

I've been waiting forever to use that. I love this place, even when I have to go away for a little while, when I come back everyone, well almost everyone :shrug: , is glad to see me.

6. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

And, another thing, so many of us are from the same area, within a few miles of each other---and on here is the only place we know each other. I wonder, each time i find a neighbor has a computer--if they're on here --and we just dont know it.

7. nehimama

nehimama An Ozark Engineer Supporter

I agree, fitwind. This is a great place. There is so much experience and information to be gleaned from the helpful folks here. I have learned so much. I tune in every day.

NeHi

8. swampgirl

swampgirl Well-Known Member

Ditto all the above & some. These are folks that share similar interests and that I feel comfortable "talking" with. I love it!

9. Shepherd

Shepherd Well-Known Member

Homesteading Today is like a huge family. It's a great site with a lot of wonderful, knowledgable people.