Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is so lovely outside today. Temp is 80 (strange for MS in July) and there is a cool breeze out of the northeast. The birds are singing, the sky is blue with a few fluffy white clouds, the grass is green and cut (my house is surrounded by large round bales of hay scattered about).

It's so pretty and peaceful I think I'll take my cold drink, my good book and my dogs down to the pond this afternoon.

Days like this are good for the soul.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
It's beautiful over here also. I could take a lot of days like today.

Started off in the 60's and only up to about 80 right now. I have the windows open just so I can have real air and breeze and hear the outside.

Angie

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
How nice that sounds. It looks a like a beautiful day here too when your looking out the window. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, then you step out of the airconditioning onto the big porch and that 97 degrees sucks the air outta your lungs.
Just kidding, hope you enjoy your day, they are rare in the south in July.

·
Goshen Farm
7,272 Posts
Also a beautiful peaceful day here on our mountain. The air smells like wood stove smoke though not as strong as yesterday, it is 85 degrees with a nice breeze. Played/worked outside all morning and then in the house for the hottest part of the day and will go back out around supper time to do a bit of house painting. Was sitting on the porch with DH a while ago with a cold drink and we were discussing how blessed we have been to be able to live in this place. sis

·
newfieannie
9,195 Posts
It's been a lovely day here too! I went out to my place in the country for the day. to do some yard work and to pack some of my china for moving. but didn't get any of that done. ran around the field with my sons new puppy. caught a few fish from the pond while trying to keep him out. gathered some beautiful Asiatic lillies from my garden. replanted some bulbs. back in the city now and I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. I will be in bed early tonight. all that fresh air and sunshine I guess. ....Georgia.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My beautiful day ended perfectly! A glorious red, pink and orange sunset lit the sky. Spectacular! If every summer day was like today I might actually like summertime!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Wasn't it????

Here it is, July 22, and only in the low 80's. We've been able to sleep most nights with only the window fan. Rain mostly when we need it. Life is good.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
It was wonderful (and unusual) weather for July. Here in my part of GA. It barelly made it up to 80 with a nice breeze. Air was dry,until the thunder shower about dusk. We have been able to turn the AC off at night for most of the summer.Which is very unusual for the south.

My day wasn't the best, but the weather was beautiful!!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
SAme here! I was laying in my hammock for a bit while the kids played and DH and I were both talking about how we can't ever remember such a mild July! It has been such a nice week, really. All the rain has been a much needed blessing and it is so wonderful to see GREEN again. SO, the beautiful weather was icing on the cake yesterday....looks like today might be nice, too.

Rachael

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Tree frogs barking until late. Fog came up from the Buffalo River, that damn whiporwill right outside the window. . . nope, you're mate isn't here! Not quite the same call as the ones in NE Oklahoma. I like these better. When their calls start, and better when they stop, lol. Love the Ozarks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, Ravenlost, yesterday was beautiful & looks like we're gonna have another one today! The humidity is down & so is the temp--great morning for picking blueberries, but I'm canning pears today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts