Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...............Maybe it's just my age showing but I'm completely feedup with Sitcoms ! I want some slapstick comedy like we use to have when I was growing up , and the Little Rascals wouldn't hurt anything either . It's also time for Westerns with real INjins , Cowboys with a Sixshooter on each hip even IF they're Jewish Cowboys or Jewish injins I don't care just Ride the range Kill the bad guys . Pure fantasy would suit me just fine , even if it doesn't appeal to Mr.Putin . , fordy:cowboy:

·
Retired farmer-rancher
3,022 Posts
I watched "I love Lucy" the other day. Now that was funny. NYUCK, NYUCK, NYUCK.

G

·
That's why I LOVE my dollar DVD's. I have hundreds of old movies and TV, from the 1920's to the 1960's (and a few from the 1970's).

·
Chief cook & weed puller
5,684 Posts
Our farm supply store has a Dollar store and they sell dvds of old movies. You'd like them.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I go to youtube at least once a week and watch Dale Evans and Roy Rogers "Happy Trails to You." I loved Dale and Roy.

As to the whereabouts of Larry, Moe, Curly, and the Lil Rascals, I think they are in Washington, DC.

·
Banned
486 Posts
I got hours and hours of Lil Rascals,Bowery boys,Three Stooges, Red Green on VHS and two new VHS machines still in the boxes

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
I belong to several yahoo groups that trade ol shows back and forth...

thanks goodness for them, and netflix!

·
Registered
818 Posts
We also purchased a lot of old DVD and VHS movies of the black & white westerns. Ahhhh were we in heaven for about a month & a half until they ran out. No bad scenes or language to worry about.

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
Hey.

I find that many of the comedy movies made today aren't very funny either.

RF

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
I've been telling my kids that if they ever need a present for dear old Dad, They could get me a copy of Danny Kaye in "The Court Jester". Another comedy I love is "Haunted Honeymoon".

·
Premium Member
25,412 Posts
Who remem,bers THE PEOPLES CHOICE, The one where at the end of it whats hios name would always saY, WHAT A KETTLE OF FISH THIS IS, Beulah, Real McCoys , Dead end kids, Dragnet, with Ben Alexander,Untouchables

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
There is one new TV show which is a kind of slapstick. It is on CBS, Monday nights, called "Worst Week". It is pretty funny - this past week the main character just about destroyed his own wedding, one thing happening after another, including setting a swimming pool on FIRE. Give it a try - you might like it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts