West Virginian looking for New Zealand whites...

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by thegriffiths, Jan 15, 2004.

1. thegriffiths

thegriffiths Well-Known Member

Hello all,

My wife and I are looking for 4 new zealand white rabbits to buy and start our own herd. We live in Charleston, WV. I will go as far as about 3 hours to get them if I cant find anyone nearby with them (so far I havent). That would be a range of Columbus Ohio, Lexington Va, Southern Pa, and our whole state.

I was told to try and get 1 bred doe, 2 young does and 1 young buck. But if I have to I will take all young and just wait till they mature. Pedigreed would be prefered.

Thanks much in advance,

Matthew and Heather Griffith

2. stoney

stoney Member

Hi Matt, our 1 nzw doe just kindled on Christmas eve and the other on the 28th. If you don't find any within the next month let me know. We live in south central Pa around York. If you have any questions about them, you can contact me at wrongrock04@yahoo.com Stoney

3. jglass

jglass Guest

Hi Guys,
    I know of a couple of different breeders who may have what you are looking for in Kentucky. First is Melissa Graves in West Liberty Kentucky. Her email is prettyboymiss@hotmail.com and the other is Missy Plummer in Elliott County Kentucky. Missy's email is plummer@mrtc.com
    I was at Missy's this past Thursday to buy a mini rex and she had some pretty New Zealands for sale including some kits for like $15 each. Out of the two I would go to Missy Plummer because she has much better prices with great quality.
    Janie

My wife and I are looking for 4 new zealand white rabbits to buy and start our own herd. We live in Charleston, WV. I will go as far as about 3 hours to get them if I cant find anyone nearby with them (so far I havent). That would be a range of Columbus Ohio, Lexington Va, Southern Pa, and our whole state.

I was told to try and get 1 bred doe, 2 young does and 1 young buck. But if I have to I will take all young and just wait till they mature. Pedigreed would be prefered.

Thanks much in advance,

Matthew and Heather Griffith[/QUOTE]