We're finally cooling off!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by tyusclan, Oct 22, 2006.

1. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

The high's only supposed to be 68 tomorrow! :bouncy: :bouncy: I love it! Been waitin' on this since May.

2. topside1

topside1 Retired Coastie Supporter

That's one reason I moved from Florida,,,,HEAT...Enjoy the cool weather, strike up the BBQ and relax....Tennessee John

3. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

It gets any colder here, the rain (again!) is going to turn to snow. My house isn't even 68 degrees!

4. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

It was really cold to us last night (40's) and today is very cool. Could not believe DH, came in the house and he has started a fire in the wood stove, first time since last winter. Told him he wasn't tough anymore !

5. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

It's really 'raw' feeling here, today... Wet, drizzling, windy and 53*... Not even fit for ducks.. The old hound is the only one who is enjoying it..He thinks it's time to go hunting...QB

6. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

Enjoy the fall weather.

Here in the mile high city we've had our first snow fall last week. But when the sun came up it all went away... so it's gone here but three ski resorts are already open in the high country.

7. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

:clap: :clap: tyusclan-push that ol cool front south when you get it please...waiting, and hoping, and prayin... :help: and sweating..

8. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

It was much cooler and breezy this morning. We've just had 4 days of record-breaking high temperatures. It should not be in the 90s in late October! Tomorrow it should be in the 50s when we get up and not above 75 all day. 'Bout time!

9. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Try 28* this morning at 6:00 with heavy frost and a layer of ice on all the water.............Brrrrrr!!!! :help: Can I get your 80* please?? :dance:

10. tyusclan

They're saying lows in the upper 30's tonight, with a chance of patchy frost. The wind's gonna have to lay for that to happen, though. I love the fall. I am TIRED OF SWEATIN'!

11. Txsteader

Txsteader Well-Known Member

WOW, frost in Florida?! We only got down to the low 50s near Galveston last night. Sounds like the colder air kicked further east and we just got kissed by it.

I'm loving this weather. Like you said, tyusclan, I've been waiting for this since May, lol.

12. tyusclan

I actually have a little fire going in the heater. Feels pretty good, too! :p

13. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

High today was 69 in south Central FL! :)

14. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

lol, I say the same thing. I fit never got above 50 it wouldnt break my heart

15. TEXKAT

TEXKAT Well-Known Member

I've been waiting too!! : )
    It got down to 55 last night...it's 74 right now...might get up to 85 later in the week. ugh!

Enjoying the cooler weather ~*~ South Central Texas

16. Up North

Up North KS dairy farmers

It was 20 degrees this morning and even though the sun has been out all day it is only 38 degrees right now. We got jipped out of a nice october here. Very cold and wet all month.

Heather

17. tyusclan

Well, looks like we'll be back in the 30's tonight, and then it starts warming again. The next 10 days show lows in upper 40's to low 60's and highs in the 70's to low 80's. We have a camping trip planned the first week of November, and at this point it looks like perfect weather.

18. topside1

topside1 Retired Coastie Supporter

tyusclan, just curious what town do you live in or near. Spent 20 years of my life in FLA in quite a few locations....Know the state well, where do you hail from...Tennessee John

19. tyusclan

John, we're in Jackson County. We're about an hour west of Tallahassee, and about 2 hours east of Pensacola. If you ever travelled I-10 through here you came within a couple of miles of our place. Marianna's the county seat, and we have a Marianna address, but we're about 15 miles out of town.