Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Old Church we use to go to.Well they didn't have Church because they had a dead Mouse in the Venting and had to hunt it down.

Sure would have loved to have heard their New Pastor.They are suppose to have Fellowship Dinner tonight so we'll be going back.

They was glad to visit with us.There is still only 7 members.

big rockpile

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Rockpile - hope they get the dead mouse and fumigate some before the dinner tonight, or you may have to have it "on the grounds", rather than inside.

I guess with 7 members they don't get too crowded. (or forget people very much)

Angie

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Rock is fixin to eat.

Rock I have had some very good times fellowshipping with small churches like that one.

Who knows with a new pastor they could have some new beginnings and grow.

bumpus

T

·
0 Posts
You might not live in the City if Church was called off due to a dead mouse..... :1pig:

Sorry! Couldn't resist! :p

Honestly, I try not to judge the Pastor by their sermons until I've heard about 4 or 5 of them. I also like to get to know them as a person, too.

Have fun tonight! (Is there going to be jello there?! :p )

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well just got back,had some good eats.The New Pastor seemed :cool: Had a Tatoo :eek: Had a woman with him we thought was his DW,found out she was just a friend that comes up and stays on weekends :eek: Came tonight wearing Faded Bluejeans and T Shirt,so did she :eek:

Then we had Singing,was going really good,then my DW said she noticed a little Pentecost in this New Pastor,alot more New Spirit in this Church.

We had a very good time.DW said take it slow and Pray on it.

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
big rockpile said:
Well just got back,had some good eats.The New Pastor seemed :cool: Had a Tatoo :eek: Had a woman with him we thought was his DW,found out she was just a friend that comes up and stays on weekends :eek: Came tonight wearing Faded Bluejeans and T Shirt,so did she :eek:

Then we had Singing,was going really good,then my DW said she noticed a little Pentecost in this New Pastor,alot more New Spirit in this Church.

We had a very good time.DW said take it slow and Pray on it.

big rockpile
Had a Tatoo :doh:
Had a woman with him that stays weekends :doh:
Don't know what else to say :doh: :doh:
bopeep

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
bopeep said:
Had a Tatoo :doh:
Had a woman with him that stays weekends :doh:
Don't know what else to say :doh: :doh:
bopeep
What goes on behind closed doors no one knows ! ! !

What does a person do after they become a Christian do they have to get rid of a tattoo by cutting there arm off, or cut there chest skin off, or do they even have to according to God's Holy Word In Yhe Bible ?

Maybe she has her own room in his house when she stays with him.

The bible says they are not to have sex outside of marriage or lust after each other, that's all it says.

Lets not say they are when you don't know !

Let's not jump to conclusions ! ! !

Let's no falsely accuse them of, or asume that they are committing fornication, without proof before two or three witnesses, like the Lord said to do, if it is true.

Yes it's better of to say nothing and just pray ! ! !

bumpus

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bumpus said:
What goes on behind closed doors no one knows ! ! !

What does a person do after they become a Christian do they have to get rid of a tattoo by cutting there arm off, or cut there chest skin off, or do they even have to according to God's Holy Word In Yhe Bible ?

Maybe she has her own room in his house when she stays with him.

The bible says they are not to have sex outside of marriage or lust after each other, that's all it says.

Lets not say they are when you don't know !

Let's not jump to conclusions ! ! !

Let's no falsely accuse them of, or asume that they are committing fornication, without proof before two or three witnesses, like the Lord said to do, if it is true.

Yes it's better of to say nothing and just pray ! ! !

bumpus
:shrug: Yea I know! For all I know she might be his Sister.

Not really worried about what he does.Hey they both sing pretty good.

big rockpile

·
Chief cook & weed puller
5,681 Posts
I liked your post bumpus. It made a lot of sense.

There's a church in SD that blesses motorcycles every spring. I've seen pictures, there's lots of leather and tattoos going on, even on the minister. I don't think it's wrong. I guess everyone has their own ideas.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:shrug: Hey I was just being sarcastic on the :eek: things. :rolleyes:

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Hey no one is perfect. Sounds like it might be a pretty good church to me.

These pastors, that have to dress to the hilt and be all shiney just don't inspire me. I am left looking at all that dollars worth of clothing, and forget what they are preaching about.

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
cool, Rock. I agree with your DW but I honestly like the sound of the new guy. My pastor is a tattooed fellow and ex-addict. He's one of the best I've ever known. Vietnam vet. He was a marine who served in nam, went in as an enlisted kid and came home a GSgt. He doesn't talk about it but for that kind of rank increase, something major went down.

I agree w/ bumpus...don't judge what you don't know. Pray on it and see where God leads you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts