Went to the Fair

Discussion in 'Goats' started by pookshollow, Oct 8, 2006.

1. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

I went to the Rockton World's Fair (!) today to check out the goat show. Darn, I wish I'd entered mine! A lot of the classes had one or two entries only. Polly, my Saanen, and her doeling were as nice as any there (of course, she was Reserve Champion there last year :) )

Anyway, I was hoping to run into Polly's breeder, but I was informed that since he'd done the Norfolk County Fair on Friday and the Erin Fair on Saturday, he wasn't there. I did talk to some nice goat people and made the acquaintance of a Saanen breeder who lives maybe 20 or 30 minutes away (as opposed to 2 hours for Polly's breeder). He is more than happy for me to come out for a visit and see his two Saanen bucks and line up a "date" for Polly. :dance:

Goat people are the best!

2. Carrie C

Carrie C Well-Known Member

Comgratulations on perhaps finding a suitible mate for your does! I love arranging nice dates for my girls, alas, none this year :(
    And I am assuming that they just call Rockton's Fair a World's Fair, am I right?
    Congrats again!

3. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

That is the official name of it! It's bigger than Burford Fair but not as big as Norfolk County Fair. :p Actually, Rockton is a very small village, probably no more than 3-400 people at most.