Well we did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Frontier_oaks, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Frontier_oaks

Frontier_oaks Well-Known Member

We bought the 1/2 acre I know its small but we needed something close to my husbands work and as this is in a growing area I think we got a great price and will be able to sell it in 5-10 years With a great proffit to buy a bigger pice of land futher out into the country
    I havent decided what I want to do on this 1/2 acer yet but I know I will figure it all out along the way. First thing first we need to remodel the house because it is pretty much a dump so we wont be able to move out there for about a month but hope all goes well and in sometime in January we will be in our new house
    Thanks everybody and I will keep you updated on our progress
    Thanks
    Frontier

2. ibcnya

ibcnya Well-Known Member

Let your dream begin. Start small and work hard and your dream will come true. I always wonder how it feels to get everything handed to you. Probably not good. But I wonder anyway.

3. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! Your starting, that is what is important......most places land does keep going up in price, so it is a good investment. Best Wishes......
    PS there's a remodeling forum over at HGTV site.....you can ask questions and read what others are doing.......fun.
    Were just redecorating our house......we built 11 years ago. It's fun to change.

4. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

That's great!!!! Have fun, but don't forget to let us know how it all progresses. Are you going to have chickens?

5. dreadstalker

dreadstalker Well-Known Member

in your rush to get started don't forget that it's your idea to get rid of it someday at a profit.lay out your plan accordingly.it helps to make a realistic 5 ,10 and 15 yr plan.take your plat map and enlarge it and use that to draw out a overhead view of the place.it gives you a better reference if drawn to scale.a added bonus is the ability to draw in where you install water and power lines.very useful down the road to findthose lines and not plant trees on top of them.plus a future owner could use that reference

6. kathy H

kathy H kathyh

Dont forget to plant some dwark fruit trees and rubarb and asparagus as they take time to produce.