Well This Is Good For Me

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by big rockpile, Dec 7, 2006.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

I know alot on here don't care for Unions and I really wish that all were like the one I belong to.They sent me notice today that our Pension Funds are still strong in Billions of Dollars.

I know its required by Law anymore but it is assuring that I'm still going to Draw a Pension until I die that at this time I can still live on.

Like I say I just wish all Unions and the Goverment could be so good as to set up where a person wouldn't have to worry at Retierment. :shrug:

big rockpile

2. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

Yeah, I used to be anti-union but I have to admit, and be grateful for the fact, that it's DH's union that gives us the great benefits and pay scale we enjoy, and a solid retirement if he sticks it out till then. I also wish all unions worked as well; with so many of them there's a great potential for abuse. Good for you, Rock!

3. Wildwood Flower

Wildwood Flower Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK

I live in Oregon part time, and Oklahoma part time
    You're right about that. Sure glad you have a secure retirement. I do too. It only happened to me because my husband is a retired disabled veteran. I cannot say enough about the VA system. They have been very good to us and helped us through my husband breaking his neck. I've learned that they do not waste things either, they are very good to be thrifty with supplies and time. That's just my (our) experience. I don't know where we'd be without the help of the VA. My husband served 10 years in the Marine Corps.

I've always been a strong supporter of unions. My first husband was a journeyman painter. He had to apprentice for 3 years and pass lots of tests and many could not cut the mustard.

We had good benefits (even back then). The insurance paid for the birth of our second child (C Section). We always felt that the unions upheld better wages and conditions for everybody.

Now I live in a different part of the country where unions are not strong. There is something to be said for the other side of the coin also.