Well Okies, QWhat id u think on going outside this morning

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by FarmboyBill, Dec 1, 2006.

1. FarmboyBill

FarmboyBill Well-Known Member Supporter

Woke up at 4 this morning. Got stuck twice in the driveway. My 72yr old tractor started right up both times. Took 2 hrs to get to Tulsa 30 miles away.

2. Tana Mc

Tana Mc Well-Known Member Supporter

About 85 miles north of Tulsa we had 14-16 inches of the white stuff....... we did chores and stayed HOME.
    Tana Mc

3. rockinl

rockinl Well-Known Member

So beautiful. I kept busy keeping animals warm and fed, but other than that, did nothing!!!!

About 6 inches here in OKC. Hubbby stayed home from work on Thursday, but went today.

:icecream:

4. wyld thang

wyld thang God Smacked Jesus Freak Supporter

Turtle Island/Yelm, WA "Land of the Dancing Spirit
    Sooooo....you drove the tractor to work? Is that the Straight Story?

5. FarmboyBill

but I had to wind it up twice to pull my pickup outa the driveway

6. rebelfarmer

rebelfarmer Well-Known Member

i live about 50 miles south of t town. we got about 6in of that good white stuff. i took the last 2 days off to enjoy it with my kids.

7. mawalla

mawalla Well-Known Member

We had about 4". It was enough to close the schools. Took advantage of it and went sledding with the kids. Funny thing, I was the only parent at "The Hill" who actually sledded! Geez, I'm 48 and not too old to have fun!

8. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

I was in OKC and just got out of town ahead of the ice. They were closing the bridges going into town as we were leaving. We headed down to Dallas where it was a nice 70 degrees. I felt like a idiot getting out of the truck with a coat on. It didn't take me long to get out of that coat! LOL Spent the night in Dallas and woke up to find the cold had followed us. The mirrors were starting to ice up as we left Dallas around noon. I'm glad to be home now, setting here next to the warm wood stove.

Here at the house we got a light dust of snow. Surprised me to see winter show up so early. We usually don't get any bad weather until late Jan. or mid Feb.

9. Yeti

Yeti Well-Known Member

where I live up here we dodged the big snow for the time being. we got wind and rain and cold, but no snow here. this morning its 20* out and the wind is blowing..shouldn't get much better for a few days.

10. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

i thought...oh goody...the kids'll love this. then i thought....i hope this melts slowly enough that it soaks into this dry parched ground....then i thought....i'm so glad i don't have to go anywhere :)

11. Okie-Dokie

Okie-Dokie Well-Known Member

Didn't do much. We did go out and make sure the vehicles were ready to go in case of an emergency. Pretty nice out this morning. Bright, sunny, and pretty cold. Opened the chicken coop and the hens just looked at me like they were saying "are you nuts, we ain't going no place". West of Bristow we have about half a foot of snow and ice. The bird and deer feeders in the back yard are shoulder to shoulder with critters.

12. FarmboyBill

Ive got a STEEP hill that a county rd goes down it. When I was a kid my folks gave me the longest sled they made. I had it until 1975 when my Xs little sister used it and left it in the driveway and her dad ran over it coming home at night. Id KINDA like to have it to see if I had the nads to take it down that road.