Well It was a Very Hard Day

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by big rockpile, Nov 25, 2004.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Last night I asked my wife how early we had to get up? Oh we can sleep in :cool: First light are you getting up? :confused: She tells me its past 4:00 and we have to get to Moms :( So much for sleeping in.

I had been sick all night didn't know wheather I want to hang over or set on the Pot :waa:

Get ready,go on over to her Moms.No more get over there our Oldest Son,whom was to go over get his Brother,told not to drive back to his house.Well he calls he is stuck :rolleyes: Wife wanted me to go with her Dad,I told her I was just too sick.So she goes with her Dad.Little later they call,her Dad is stuck :rolleyes: So I start over there,got Highlift Jack and Come Along,couple Chains.

Get over there,her Dad is unstuck,but can't get down to the Boy.We spent 4 hours,little at a time getting him out of there.

Well get back over to her Moms had a fine Dinner,what I could eat of it.Still sick.

Did find out I'm going to be Uncle Twice this next year again :D

Hope you Guys had a Happy Thanksgiving!

big rockpile

2. BJ

BJ Well-Known Member

Cheer up big boy! The sun will come up tomorrow and you will feel much better. If your nice...your wife may even invite you to shopping with her on the biggest shopping day of the year!!! If she's a good little shopper..she won't start till about 6 a.m. There..now doesn't that thought make today seem like it was not so bad after all? Happy Thanksgiving and feel bettersoon! ;)

3. michelleIL

michelleIL tryna be His

I hope you get to feeling better. I could sure think of better ways of spending my holiday! I think if I were you, I would have stayed home and kept the throne company, however, in your case, you wouldn't have been able to get your son unstuck. I guess it all works out in the end. Have a great night!
    Michelle

4. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving big rockpile! It's not so bad! Nibble a little & have an adult beverage!

5. michelleIL

michelleIL tryna be His

Hey, an adult drink doesn't sound all that bad!!!
    Spiked eggnog anyone????
    Irish Coffee anyone! MMMMMMMMMMM

6. BobBoyce

BobBoyce Well-Known Member

br, I went to visit a neighbor and drop off a nice big pumpkin as a treat for their cows. He was out on the back 40 cutting trees and dragging them through the mud to trim and stack with his tractor. Didn't think anything of it, ground looked solid enough where I was going to drive. Once committed, thawed soggy saturated clay was hiding under the fall leaves, and I was running street tires. :no:

Thank goodness I decided to drive my GMC Safari, it has all wheel drive. I made a mess of my little van getting it turned around and back out of there. It took me half an hour to wash all that muddy clay off when I got home though. :no:

DW took one look and said it looked like I just wanted to take the van mudding. :haha:

Seriously, I hope you get feeling better soon.

Bob