Well, I may end up regreting it... but

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Jennifer Brewer, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Jennifer Brewer

Jennifer Brewer Jennifer

I set out some of my bigger tomato plants! Around here they say you should wait till mother's day, but ithas been so warm, and we're looking at a drought probly this summer.Plus they were getting so HUGE!

I planted an Amish Paste, 2 CaspianPink, 2 mortgage lifters, and a couple others i forgot what they are. I've got a couple others i'mgoingto keep inside till they get a little bigger. The others were all over a foot tall, and my bedroom was starting to look like a jungle! I guess we'll see how it goes!

2. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

I did the same thing yesterday! It was either set them out or repot them...again! Didn't want to mess with that so I set out 18. Still got a whole lot more to plant. I figured if those first 18 survived I would go ahead and plant the rest.

I'm in Zone 7 and we'll be hitting the low 90's next week.

3. Jennifer Brewer

Jennifer Brewer Jennifer

i'm zone 5 b, we've been mid 80's all week.

very hard on my pregnant body, with swollen ankles and all. but i still and very thankful for the nice spring!

4. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

You could put tomato cages over them if you have them, and on nights where frost might be predicted, you could put something over the cages to protect them, such as newspapers or garbage bags. or garbage bags over newspaper would work even with a freeze.