Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as some know. I was going to show for the 1ST time this year. (After breeding for 3 years!) I was a little afraid to look like a STUPIED BLONDE KID! so I was invited to a 4-h thing ; where we learned how to clip, handle, and do showmanship. I knew all the adults there so I felt very good. (And my doeling was so GOOD!) Well after doing that I knew all I had to do was clip my other 2 does.
So to cut from me washing and them getting me ALL WET. I got them there early so that I wouold have time to really get them fed and watered. (We were the second people there! Other then the show-chairman!!!) As I watched the other does come in I seen some good animals. But after seeing all my does, I knew I was gonna win!

Well HazDay Sweet As Sugar Anastaica (a.k.a Anna) was first, she was in the Jr. Recorded Grade Doe Kid. And was against one other doeling. A white LaMancha with BOER IN IT!?!!?!?! (I don't know why she was in a DAIRY CLASS!) Anna was so behaved (That was 3 weeks of work every day even in 90+F heat! ) The other thing was so un worked I knew I would win. And then he puts the other first!!! I wanted to RIP HIS HEAD OFF why would you not choose a very dairy doe over a meat animal????
But Anna took Resevere Champion Jr Doe Kid and Resevere Champion Grade doeling.

Now, after loosing to a meat goat! I knew that my Lilly (1/2 Alpine 1/4 Nubian 1/4 Saanen ) would come out very good. She was against two sisthers (1/2 Alpine 1/2 Nubian) So they would be very good to beat! Now Lilly took it for her being so tall (Saanen) and Long (The NUbian) and her being so so so Dairy (All 3 breeds were great milkers in her lines.) Well She took it!!!!!!!!!!
GRAND CHAMPION GRADE DRY YEARLING And was in for BEST GRADE IN SHOW.

Well after winning with Lilly, Beth I knew was a shoe in (The best darn Nubian you have ever seen) Well she was the only one in her class, so she won it with-out a ribbon. But was IN for Best Grade in Show.

Ok now we are at BEST GRADE IN SHOW.

Beth is the top milker. Lilly best yearling. with the Resevere champion yearling. and 2 grade doelings (La Mancha X Alpine and Saanen)

Well Beth to Champion Grade in Show and LIlly took Resevere grade in show!!!!

And I also took 15-18 showmanship.!!!!

So I was very very happy!

I Will post a few pictures of me showing. Most is on a video tape.

Thanks for reading and call or click to order your HAZY DAY NUBIANS KIDS!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well, congratulations to you. Glad you had such a great time your first time out.

Just so you know, just because a goat has Boer in it, doesn't make it a meat goat. Just like saying mine were not Boers because they had Alpine in them. That is why they are grade classes. Or in my case, they would be percentage classes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.